[chapter thirty-one: "life's good"]

Chapter 31: "Life's Good"
Jolene Milford's POV

- - -

I lean back in my seat and groan as I pop my back. These chairs that we've got in our makeup room today are so damn uncomfortable, but at least they can be useful if I move my back on them the right way. I guess being bored out of my mind doesn't really help.

I can't really get up and do anything, because my nails are drying. The black I used on them today is so nice and shiny; the last thing I want to do right now is risk fucking that up. Plus, it's so damn hot both outside the venue and inside of it, I don't want to try and move too much. I'd work up a sweat way too easily.

I notice someone out of the corner of my eye. Liz walks into the room and I whistle at her once I identify her. "Yo, Liz!" She turns around and gives me smile.

"Hey, Joli."

"You see Kimberly anywhere? She went to go check on her new gear like a half an hour ago and I'm bored as all hell." I whine, leaning forward in my chair. It's hard to move too much when I've got my hands plastered to the table.

"I haven't seen her, I'm sorry." Liz apologizes, walking over to stand by me for a moment. "I actually just got here not too long ago. Randy and I were a little late."

"It's no big deal." I tell her dismissively. Liz is such a sweet woman and I honestly wish that we were closer. We've just never really never spent all that much time together. Huh... "Hey, Liz? Do you want to just hang out with me for a while? We can just sit here and chat." I give her a warm and friendly grin.

"I wish I could, Jolene." Liz says softly. "I actually just came in here for a moment, so that I could grab some hair spray. Randy is waiting on me." The sweet tone in her voice is so soothing! "Maybe some other time?"

"Definitely." I chuckle and nod. "I won't hold you any longer. Thanks anyway! If you see Kim, tell her I said to get her ass back over here."

"I will." Liz giggles before waving at me and scurrying away. I watch as she grabs a can of hair spray and then exits the room. I can't help but laugh when I hear Mach from outside, happily exclaiming Liz's name.

Aren't they something else?

Unfortunately, once Liz reunites with Mach, I'm bored yet again. I want to just lay my head down on my table, but I can't, because it'll fuck up my makeup. I mean, I guess I've got time to redo it...

The moment someone pokes my back, I jump in my seat. The top of my knees smack the bottom of the table, but thankfully, my nails aren't damaged as I fling my hands into the air. I hiss in pain as I whip around to see who's behind me.

"Kimberly! What the fuck?!" Of course it's Kim. Who else would it be?

"Wow! I didn't mean to startle you that bad, Joli." Kim giggles as I scoot back, so that I can lean over my pained knees.

"It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't whacked my damn legs." I groan, awkwardly looking up at Kim. She's still in her street clothes, but she's got a stack of clothes in her arms. The moment my eye catches our nWo logo, I jump up and out of my seat. "What's that?!"

"Shit!" Kim curses as she steps back in surprise. I smirk smugly at her reaction; I didn't intend to catch her off guard, but she can consider that payback for making me hurt my knees. Kim sticks her tongue out at me before nodding to the clothes draping over her left arm. "You've got some new gear, and it's pretty badass."

"Let me see it!" Yes! I'm so excited! I usually play some sort of part in picking out my attires, but I haven't even thought about it since I got back. We've got some talented designers working for us, and if Kim likes it, it has to be good. "My nails are still drying or I'd take it from you right now."