[chapter thirty-four: "time will tell"]

Chapter 34:"Time Will Tell"
Jolene Milford's POV

- - -

"One! Two! Three! WE HAVE NEW WCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! THE STEINER BROTHERS HAVE DEFEATED THE OUTSIDERS!"

As soon as the match ends, I throw my hands up into the air and scream. I'm honestly not all that phased by my boys losing their titles for a few months, but I can't let the crowd know that. They have to believe I'm absolutely furious.

Kev is laying somewhere on the ground, on the other side of the ring. Scott is groaning in the ring, trying to comprehend what just happened. Me? I'm now stomping around by the steps, looking as pissed-off as I possibly can.

The match was a good one. Rick and Scott Steiner are good competition for my Outsiders.

Rick slides back into the ring and celebrates his championship win with his brother while our Scott rolls out of it and lands down beside of me. I place a hand on Scott's shoulder and send him a sympathetic look before rushing up the steps and grabbing onto the ropes.

As I yell back and forth with the referee and the Steiner Bros, I see Kev stumble over to Scott out of the corner of my eye. They're selling their injuries perfectly, and I think I'm doing a pretty damn good job playing my role.

I fake an apology to the referee before carefully making my way into the ring. I saunter over to the Steiner Brothers and give them these sexy little smiles, obviously just trying to seduce them into giving me their tag titles. However, nothing goes according to my plan; the brothers just shake their heads, laugh, and kiss their new titles right in my face.

The crowd roars as I try and rip the titles out of their hands, only to be pulled back by the referee. I scuffle around with the ref and the Steiners for a few moments before leaving the ring with a scowl on my face.

Kev and I flank Scott's sides as we head backstage. The reactions from our fans never cease to amaze me. We're so over, it's fucking ridiculous. They're excited for the Steiner Brothers, but it's obviously that they're still so fond of The Outsiders. It's wonderful.

"Fuck! That was fun, wasn't it?" Kev huffs as soon as we're past gorilla. "I'm going to miss those titles, though."

"It was pretty nice. They'll be back before too long, though." Scott grins, placing a sweaty hand on Kev's back.

They're both pretty drained, but who can blame them? This may have been a Nitro match, but they had as much time as they would've at a Pay-Per-View. Tonight was a big match for The Steiner Brothers, even if they'll just be dropping the belts back to Kev and Scott in a few months.

I love being able to walk my two favorite people out to the ring each night and stand beside of them as we entertain the world. I'm blessed.

"I'm ready for a damn shower, though. Fuck." Kev chuckles as he runs a hand over his face. He places a kiss on the top of my head and then sends me a smile. "The invitation to join me is there, if you want to take it."

Scott throws up a hand to wave us off and then heads on back to the locker room without a word. Kev and I both watch him go, but once he's out of sight Kev just shrugs and turns back to me.

"Maybe next time." I grin up at Kev, placing one of my hands on his sweaty face. His beard feels so odd when it's drenched in sweat, but I can't help but my run my fingers along it. "I'll take a rain check this time."