[chapter seventy-nine: "this lovestruck fool"]

Chapter 79: "This Lovestruck Fool"
Kevin Nash's POV

- - -

Every time I glance down at the ring on Joli's left hand, I notice that my heart beat speeds up. It makes me happy, because it's proof that the woman I love more than anything else in this world is going to be mine forever. It's the perfect promise that Joli and I are always going to keep.

It's honestly mind-blowing to think about, and I keep expecting someone to smack me and wake me up from this picture-perfect dream I'm living in. It seems like it's impossible that life is really this good for me, but fuck, this is reality.

Jolene is going to be my wife.

I don't think she noticed it, but when I asked her to marry me, I was fuckin' terrified. I just felt it in my soul that she was going to shoot me down and that things were going to turn sour, but none of that happened. Everything went well.

Joli's nervous about it, but I can tell that she's completely certain about her decision. My babe really does want to marry me, and she's looking forward to our future together. It's perfect.

I glance down at my little Joli, who is cuddled up against my arm. We're on a plane right now, because we're on our way our next Nitro taping. Although Nitro isn't until tomorrow, I have to be there for a creative meeting tonight.

It sucks, but there's not anything we can do about it. It's all part of the job. They didn't cut into my proposal time, so I'm not too upset about it.

Anyway, fuck WCW. I'm only concerned about the beautiful gal that's drooling on my bicep.

Joli's been tossing and turning and her hair is all out of sorts. That's going to aggravate the ever living fuck out of her when she wakes up, but come on, she's way too cute right now.

I'd love to take a nap myself, but really, I'm not tired enough to. I'm just going to relax until the plane touches down and we head towards my meeting.

I lean my head back against the painfully uncomfortable headrest on my seat and direct my gaze to the nearby window. This plan ride shouldn't take too long; we'll be at the airport before dark.

When is Joli going to want to start planning for the wedding, I wonder? We just got engaged, but there's a lot that goes into something like that. It's going to take a while to get everything in order, so it's probably better that we start that sooner rather than later.

At the same time though, when should we get married? This year is almost over, so it'll probably be 2000 before we get hitched. Hopefully that Y2k bug or whatever the fuck it is doesn't wipe the world out before Joli and I get married.

That'd really suck.

God, Joli's going to look so beautiful as she walks down the aisle. I don't care what dress she picks out, because no matter what she wears, she's going to look gorgeous. I'm going to need a lot of help to make sure that I look up to par with Joli, but I know she's going to look a million times better than I ever could.

Paul and Dallas are going to have be my tuxedo guys, because they're probably the only two that would be able to help me. Kid would pick something ridiculous, and so would Scott, for that matter. Kimberly's going to be too busy with Joli to even begin to think about helping me out, and besides, isn't it the job of the men to pick the tux out?

Oh fuck, I'm going to have to pick out my groomsmen too, aren't I?

Scott's got to be my best man, right? As long as he's in a good mental state at the time, the role is his. For all of the shit Scott and I have gone through over the years, he's still my best friend and he's still my brother. If I didn't trust him, I wouldn't have told him that I planned on marrying Joli in the first place.