fourteen

"Bianca?" Says the tall brunette, who seemed to be quite surprised to see me at his doorstep.

"Hi." I say. There's a long pause between us, I can't bring myself to look at him.

"Sorry," He says, bringing himself back "I just wasn't expecting to see you." He says, giving me a small smile.

"I know you probably don't want to see me-" I say before he cuts me off.

"No, of course I want to see you." He says, "I just wanted to give you some space since Caleb told me that's what you wanted."

"It was stupid." I frown "I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions."

"No. I understand why you were upset."

"But I shouldn't have lashed out. I should've addressed it straight away instead of ignoring you." I say, looking up at him as he grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him. I give him a hug and feel the warmth I'd been craving.

"I'm sorry," He starts "I should've told you about-" He pauses "Her."

"Why did you ask me to go on a date with you when you were, you know, still together?" I say, gently.

"Look, things weren't looking up at that point. We were basically broken up for a while but she insisted that we were still together." He starts "I had already moved out and cut all cords with her for a couple of weeks but since we hadn't talked about it, we were still technically together. I really loved her but our break up was just a whole bitter mess." He sighs.

"Why did you break up?" I almost whence at what I say, unsure if I was ready to hear it. Marcus takes a long pause.

"She cheated on me with one of my closest mates." He says, looking down. I could see the pain in his eyes.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked." I apologise.

"No, it's okay. I want to be honest with you."

"I really appreciate it," I say "I know it's not easy to talk about."

"I'm just glad to see you again." He whispers in my ear, pulling me into a hug. I lean in and grab his face as I crash our lips together. I missed the taste of his lips and the way his hair was tucked behind his ear. I wrap my legs around his waist as he takes me up to his empty apartment, walking into his room.

•••

I wake up in an unfamiliar environment. I look around the room I was in. There were medals and trophies on all the shelves. The walls were a plain, basic white. I look to my left and soon notice that my company was no longer next to me. I find myself wearing an oversized top that wasn't mine and one I hadn't put on myself.

I smile to myself as I try to recollect the events that occurred last night. Although nothing happened between us, it was nice to have everything back to normal. I hop out of bed before putting on some trackies I had found on the floor which I'm guessing was Marcus'. I make my way into the kitchen where Marcus was.

"Good morning, handsome." I say, hugging him from behind.

"Morning, babe." He smiles, giving me a peck on the lips.

"What's cooking, good looking?" I wink.

"Pancakes for you, my love." He smiles whilst mixing the batter.

"Oh you're too nice!" I joke. I take a seat on the couch turning on the T.V.

"You look very nice in my clothes, may I add." He laughs.

"Why thank you," I laugh "You'll be missing a few of your other clothes soon." I wink.

"What have you got planned for the day, babe?" Says Marcus, handing me a plate of pancakes.