fifty one

I wake up earlier than my alarm, feeling no sense of fatigue. It was nice to feel such satisfaction and content instead of such despair and not being happy where I was. I'm slowly learning to embrace this whole situation, slowly convincing myself that I'd be home in no time.

I get up from my bed, putting on my sport leggings and a sports bra, feeling motivated to go for an early morning run on the beach. I put on my shoes, grab an apple and make my way out. I pop my headphones on, shutting out the rest of the world.

Brighton was a beautiful place with a reputation for its amazing beaches and it didn't disappoint. There were plenty of quaint cafes that ran long the strip of shops with the beautiful ocean view. England was quiet, it was nothing near the hustle and bustle of Melbourne. The weather was so cold compared to a Melbourne's summer where your thongs would literally melt off on the ground.

I try and catch my breath, stopping on one of the benches, my head starting to spin. Maybe I was still sick, I hadn't thrown up this morning which was an odd thing so I thought I was all clear but clearly not. I wipe my mouth as I look around me, checking whether or not someone saw my not so gracious moment of throwing up in a shrub. I hold my stomach in pain as I slowly make my way back, taking my time feeling like my legs were going to fall underneath me, all of a sudden unable to hold my weight. Maybe it was because I hadn't eaten yet? I throw myself on my bed, after struggling to bring myself up the stairs.

My head was spinning and I felt like throwing up every time I sat down from each toilet trip. My sickness had never gotten this bad. I went from waking up feeling great and happy to feeling absolutely terrible and I had no idea why. I'd barely been eating, surely I've thrown everything up by now. I look at the time and it reads 11:30. Where did that time go? I must've dosed off.

I force myself out of bed, knowing I had things to get done today. I quickly scan my phone, checking whether or not I'd missed out on anything important. I have a few from Kate and Daisy as well as some from Jason and Jack, I decide to leave that till later and respond to Bradley who was asking if I needed a ride.

That'd be great, thank you x

I hit send and hop into the shower, holding my head in pain. I consider calling in sick but I really wanted to hopefully finish off my E.P so I could ask about publishing the song I wrote.

I rush myself out of the shower knowing that Bradley would be here any minute. I throw on a pink mini skirt and a white sweater. I tie up my shoelaces and leave my hair natural. I grab my bag and head for the door.

"Was about to call you." he chuckles "Didn't think anyone was home."

"Sorry, woke up late." I say, shutting the door behind me "Hey James."

"Hey, B."

"Oh yeah, he's here too." says Bradley rolling his eyes.

"Nice to know I'm wanted." he says, putting his hand to his heart pretending to be hurt from Bradley's remark.

"Eh." I laugh.

"How was your morning?" Bradley says changing the conversation.

"Not bad," I say "went for a run."

"Ah, good on ya." he smirks, mocking how proud I was of myself.

"Well what'd you do with your morning, Mr Simpson?"

"I went out for breakfast with my mum actually." he smirks back at me.

"Ah, mumma's boy aye?" I say, messing his hair up before running into the car before he could catch me. He grabs my arm and lifts me up from the ground, putting me aside before hopping into the front seat. I unhappily hop into the back, slamming my door to show my frustration as the boys laugh.