twenty eight

There has been non-stop talk in the media about Marcus' accident. There were heaps of talk about Alex and how the star defender was now facing charges and suspension for his actions. He hasn't said a single sorry to me nor Marcus' family and that was nothing but simply disappointing. It showed a lot about him as a person. He went onto that field with the intent to hurt Marcus which could've ultimately claimed his life. I was mad, there was no way of forgiving him this time.

I have been in the hospital for the past 2 days not leaving Marcus' side as everyone came through visiting him and leaving their good wishes. There was hope that he'd wake up soon. I wanted to hear his voice again. That's all I wanted.

"Hey, B." Says Jason, walking in with coffee "Oh, hey Liv."

"Hey." I smile as he hands me the coffee.

"How's he doing?"

"Not bad, haven't heard much from the doctor really."

"How long have you been here?"

"Since Thursday." I say, looking back down at Marcus before sighing.

"You haven't been home?"

"Nope."

"Bianca." He frowns.

"What? I like being here, I'd rather be with Marcus than be alone." I say a little sass in my voice. I didn't mean for it to come out like that, I was just really tired and barely had control of myself "I'm sorry, J." I say, apologising for my tone as he understandably accepts it.

"Why don't we go out for lunch? My treat. You need it." He says.

"Go, Bianca. I'll be right with Marcus." Says Liv.

"You sure?" I ask, unsure.

"Yes." She nods.

"Alright, thanks Liv." I say giving her a hug before saying goodbye. I head over to Marcus' bed, taking another look at him and giving him a kiss on the cheek before heading off downstairs with Jason.

"You got any special requests?" He asks me, as we hop into the car.

"Nope, you take the wheel." I say.

"Alright, I've got just the place." Jason says as he starts the car before we pull out of the hospital car park.

The car ride was nothing but quite awkward, he was clearly trying to make small talk, I was just tired and quickly started regretting leaving the hospital. We arrive at a little cosy place that was quite well hidden but was absolutely beautiful. It was very boho and had a beautiful city view from the rooftop.

"Woah, how'd you find this little gem?" I say, stepping onto the rooftop, admiring the view.

"Just a little secret of mine." He winks as he takes a seat next to me.

"Thank you, I really appreciate this."

"That's okay. I know you needed it. You need some fresh air."

"Very true." I say. We look down out the menu as the lady at the bar takes our order.

"Did Marcus say anything to you before the game? About Alex?" I ask, curiously.

"He wasn't really talking much pregame. He had his headphones in the whole time and was in the zone." He says. I nod.

"I just feel really bad."

"But, it's not your fault Bianca. Sometimes things get taken onto the field when it shouldn't."

"I know. But if it wasn't for that fight Alex wouldn't have done this."

"Bianca, he was always going to do it. We all did our best to protect and help Marcus on the field but we can only do so much. Marcus knew what he was going to cop that game but fought just as hard." Says Jason looking down at me with frustration as well as anger in his eyes. He's been the one that's been with me through all of this, he's visited the most out of all the boys and he was definitely the one that has been backing me up and comforting me through all my bad moments. "Marcus is a fighter, B, we both know that. He's definitely not going to leave without a fight." Says Jason, squeezing my hand as I give him a reassuring smile. Jason attempts to change the subject to anything but Marcus' incident, I pretend to show interest but one word answers really wouldn't do the job. I let him do most of the speaking, although I was barely listening and just gave him nods here in there. Jason notices my disinterest and suggests we head back.

"I'm sorry, Jason. I'm just really out of it, it's not your fault. It was a lovely lunch and I really appreciate it." I say, as we hop into the car. 

"That's okay, B. I understand." He says, bluntly. We make the short drive back to the hospital in complete silence. We were both tired and knew that the other person really just wanted time to think.

I tell Jason to just drop me off and go home since he needed some good rest for the upcoming game this weekend. He hesitates as I assure him that I would do just fine since Daisy was coming too. Daisy wasn't coming, well if she was, she didn't tell me she was coming. I had to tell Jason that since he had cared so much about me, he had to make sure I was okay all the time.

"Bye, JJ. Thank you for taking me out today. Take care of yourself okay? Love you." I say, giving him a hug.

"Love you too, B." He smiles.

I make my way to the ever so familiar route - the ICU to Marcus' ward. I had gone up and down those elevators that I had done it without thinking. I hear commotion in Marcus' room as I walk in and see the person I had wanted to see last.

"Hey, Dais." I say, walking in as she gives me a look followed by a hesitant smile, I look over to my left at the person who was sitting on the chair next to Marcus before saying "What are you doing here?"

- ♡ -

Ooooh who do we think it is??? Any guesses?! Hope you liked this one, it was a little dry but yeah more exciting things coming soon!! x

What's everyone's thoughts on the Toby Greene and Luke Dahlhaus incident? Suspension or nah? Tbh, yes everyone kind of does put there leg up when they're marking for 'space' but it was simply reckless! There wasn't a contest and he knew Luke was coming. Also keeping his terrible record in mind, definitely deserves a suspension! Hope everyone has a good weekend x