sixty four

"I have an appointment with Dr Casey at 4." I say to the familiar receptionist who served me when I was last here.

"Ah yes, take a seat Bianca. She'll be a moment." she smiles. I nod before taking a seat next to a lady who was also clearly pregnant with a small little girl on her lap and a baby in her pram.

"You're really pretty." the little girl says hopping off her mums knees.

"Thank you." I smile "You're really pretty too."

"Thanks." she giggles shyly.

"What's your name?" I ask as she takes a seat next to me.

"Katie." the little girl turns to her mum almost asking for approval before her mum gives her a smile and a nod as she says her name proudly.

"That's a pretty name." I smile "That's my sisters name too."

"I like her name." she giggles.

"Me too." I giggle with her as she hops onto my lap.

"Katie, you can't just do that to strangers," her mums says, frantically trying to get her off my knees "I'm sorry about that."

"No, that's totally fine." I chuckle.

"I'm Kara." the mum says, her hand out for me to shake.

"Bianca." I smile.

"How far along are you?" she smiles, noticing my little bump.

"14 weeks." I say, rubbing my tummy "What about you?"

"20 weeks."

"You're a lot more developed than me."

"Yeah, but it goes fast. Trust me." Kara smiles.

"Bianca Hart." Dr Casey says standing by the reception area.

"That's me," I turn to Kara "it was nice meeting you. Bye, Katie."

I follow Dr Casey into the ever so familiar room where I had once been told that my future would change forever. Sometimes it's hard to forget that I had a growing human inside me but nothing disappointed me more than thinking that I could never give this little one a "whole" family.

"How are you today?" she smiles, taking a seat.

"I'm feeling good. My morning sickness has really eased off now so it's easier getting around without having to worry about throwing up every time I eat something." I say.

"Oh that's good. You're in the second trimester where the nausea and emotions subside. It's also the time where you start to feel the baby's first movements which is a very exciting time for everyone - even for second time parents." she smiles, putting the clear gel on my stomach "We'll definitely be able to see the baby's feature a lot more clearly now since the baby's done a lot of developing during the time I last saw you to the time now."

"That's exciting." I smile as she turns the little screen that showed my little one.

"So at the 14 week mark, the baby will be about the size of a lemon. The head will be growing faster than the rest of his body but by the end of this week the hands will grow to proportion of the rest of the little one's body." she says, pointing out the body parts. I smile in awe as I admire at the screen, excited to be able to finally hold him or her.

"Now this part is a bit nerve racking for all but to me is the best part - the heartbeat." she says, pressing a button that turned the audio on. She looks at me nervously as no sound comes out "Must be the volume." she says, adjusting more buttons as I wait anxiously.

I hear the rhythm of my baby's heart as I beam at Dr. Casey once again in awe. I feel myself get overwhelmed, wishing that I had someone to share this moment with. Someone to support me or just one of the people I loved to know that I was even having a baby. But above all, I just wished I had that special boy that I was once loved to be here with me to share this new chapter and go through this journey together like any happy, growing family.

I look down at the first ultrasound photos that Dr. Casey had printed out for me as I hopped out of my über approaching my house, wishing that I could post it to Instagram for the world to see but I knew I couldn't let it out like that without telling Marcus first. He deserves to find out through me not through an Instagram photo.

"I can't wait to meet you, my love." I smile, rubbing the black and white photo between my fingers. I let out a tear, a mix of happiness and anger "It's time to bring you home."

I pull out my phone in my pocket and click on the person's name that I had trusted with everything. The person I loved to pieces and the one that's been there through the thick and thin.

"It's time to go home. I'm going home tomorrow." I say through sobs as the ever so familiar person's face takes up my screen.

"I'll be there."