thirty six

I look at myself in the mirror one last time before taking a deep breath and letting out a smile. Today I was meeting with my new manager and a band I was opening for and I was nervous as hell.

The date of my departure was confirmed a few days ago and was exactly two weeks from today. June 14. It's surreal to think that everything was now confirmed and that I was leaving my family and friends for nearly six months. It was something that was slowly growing on me but I know it won't fully sink in until I was actually there.

"You're looking pretty, where are you off to?" Says Daisy, peeping her head out of the kitchen.

"Lunch with my new manager and uh-" I say trying to remember the band's name "The Vamps?"

"The Vamps?!" She turns at me as her jaw drops to the floor.

"Yeah?" I giggle, unsure as to why it was a big deal.

"Millie loves them, we went to their concert a few years back."

"Ahh! Of course."

"Say Hi to Tris for me!" She squeals.

"Don't worry about that, I'll get a photo too." I wink.

"Ah you're amazing!" Daisy laughs.

"Tell me something I don't know, Chambers."

"Well, have fun B." She winks.

"I will." I yell out before shutting the door behind me.

I turn on my car as I listen to the music that was playing on the radio nowadays. Being a singer, you'd expect me to be up to date with everything in the music world but I really wasn't. It helped me stay creative and original. I've had a lot on my plate lately and it definitely hasn't been a priority.

"Booking for Beau." I say, almost a question, to the young waitress standing at the reception of the restaurant. The restaurant was quite packed for a Friday lunch.

"Ah, yes. Come through." She says, motioning me over as I follow her in. She takes me up a set of stairs, it was a small room secluded from the rest of the main restaurant, as I approach Beau and his wife.

"Hello, how are you?" He says, standing up from his seat.

"I'm well. How are you?" I smile.

"Good. This is my wife, Amalie." He says, pointing over to his wife. She stands up, giving me a hug, as I immediately spot her baby bump.

"Nice to meet you, Bianca." She smiles, she had a strong British accent.

"You too." I smile "How far along are you?" I say, looking down at her bump.

"5 months." She smiles, rubbing her stomach.

"The boys shouldn't be too long, security's just trying to find a safe way for them to get in." Beau states. Were they that famous? I nod as I get handed the drinks menu.

"Just a lemon lime bitter, please." I smile up at the waiter as he takes everyone else's orders.

"So, are you excited for the move?" Amalie asks me excitedly.

"Yeah," I smile "very nervous though."

"Don't be. You've got me and the boys." She smiles "They're all a bunch of larrikins."

"I can imagine." I laugh. I soon learn that she just arrived in Melbourne yesterday after a long 15 hour flight from London. Amalie also tells me a little about London and how she'd take me to the best spots in Brighton. I was excited but it was hard to imagine myself enjoying it and that scared me.