fourty seven

The silence is forceful as I hop into the taxi, only taking my headphones out when reading out the address for the taxi driver and putting them back in immediately. I look around my new surroundings instantly missing the Melbourne I knew. Everything was different from cars to the houses. There were heaps of things I could tell you that I didn't like about London immediately but I quickly told myself that I haven't even given it a chance yet. Which was true, but I was always going to love Melbourne undeniably more.

I look out the window, feeling like I was in some dramatic music video. I was already missing everyone and wanted to tell the driver to turn around and take me back to the airport but I knew that that was just ridiculous. The cab stops to a holt infront of a pair of townhouses with brightly painted doors. I thank the driver before I struggle to take out my two luggages from the boot before attempting to roll them up to the door, wishing someone was here to help me.

I look down at my phone double checking that I had the right address and house number. I walk up to the door, grab the key under the mat - as the instructions said and take a deep breath before turning the key to open the door. I put my hand bag down on the floor before rolling the two luggages into the house. I look around the pretty spacious townhouse - it was spacious for a person living on their own anyways. I walk down the hallway to reveal my open living room, kitchen and dining area. The whole place already had furniture and all the utensils I needed which was handy. I open the back door and take in my mini garden that had a nice sitting place with a outdoor heater. There was a beautiful cherry blossom tree, with all its flowers on the ground. I walk back in and go up the stairs to investigate my bedroom. There were two rooms up there, a study and my bedroom. My bedroom had a cosy bed, bedside table and a chair. There was a letter placed on the bedside table as I pick it up and open the envelope.

Bianca,

Welcome to your humble abode! The team from Trident Studios would like to congratulate you for this wonderful opportunity. We are thrilled to have you under our belt! We've rented this house for you in the lovely suburb of Brighton, getting a little tip off that you love beaches. Brighton is a beautiful suburb with an amazing beach and cafés. Everything in the house is yours, our team carefully choosing everything from the design layout and the decorations but we've decided to give you a little freedom with your bedroom and decorate it yourself. There is a beautiful strip of shops along the Promenade and Brighton lane perfect for shopping! We hope you had a good flight, rest up, we can't wait to have you at our first rehearsal!

Love,
Beau and the team from Triton Studios.

I snap a quick picture of the beautiful letter before sending it to my new manager Beau telling him that I had just arrived and was touched by the beautiful letter. I walk back downstairs, taking a seat on the couch, taking everything in. Everything was so different, as weird as it sounds - even the air seemed different. Although London was in its summer peak, it was like any other Autumn day in Melbourne, still cheeky but the sun showing itself a few times.

I turn on the T.V to drown out the deafening silence that was making me lonely, but nothing on the guide really catches my eye. I was tired but I didn't feel the fatigue because I was so jetlag. I turn the T.V off almost immediately not satisfied with the entertainment and decide to go on my phone and text the group chat I had with Jason, Daisy, Caleb, Luke and Bryce.

landed about an hour ago, very jetlag. You missing me yet? 😉

I also decide to check up on my sister Katie, knowing she'd be eager to hear from me.