Nursery Nuisance (Castiel)

You rolled your eyes at the slab of wood you had in your hands. It was the closest thing Cas could find to a palette for painting.

For the past ten minutes you've been trying to get the right shade of pink to paint the name of your daughter on the wall but you weren't even close to liking any of the ones you had mixed up.

You added more white but it turned out to be too much so you added more red. You mixed the colours with your paint brush, you gripped it tightly with irritation.

You growled in frustration, you were close to throwing the slab with paint onto the wall. It was all the hormones acting up, making you feel annoyed very easily at small, insignificant things.

You placed the things in your hand down on the table and took in deep breaths, a method of relaxation that always helped but wasn't doing you any good at the moment.

You were going to have a panic attack, you couldn't return to your normal calm state and it frightened you.

You rubbed your forehead and placed you hand on the wall in front of you where the paint was dry. You felt a bit dizzy then placed your other hand on your hip.

"[y/n], what's the matter?!" You heard Castiel question as he walked over to you, "Are you not well?"

You didn't turn back and he held your shoulder. "Hey, look at me," He said softly, "Just... relax. Breathe in then breath out."

You knew how to breathe, obviously, but Cas did it with you slowly. It helped relax your nerves, you held onto his arms tightly.

"I-I'm fine Cas, it's-"

A sharp pain flooded within you for a moment. You bent over a bit, clutching your stomach in pain while tears formed in your eyes.

Cas started to panic, "[y/n]?! Stay with me, we'll go to the hospital." You looked up to him and breathed out, "Cas I'm... fine. It's been happening for the past two days. I think she has finally decided to enter the world soon."

You're one week past your due date and your baby's giving you a hard time, making it more unbearable everyday. You wish every moment that you'd just go into labor and be over with it.

You started to walk away, pulling yourself from Castiel's grasp. You went over to the other side of the room where the crib mobile rested on the table and picked it up.

"[y/n] you need to stop this. You must have as much rest as possible," Cas said and you sighed. "Cas please, I'm fine. I just want this to be done and the only way I can pass the time is by working on our baby's nursery," You said and he remained quiet. He didn't want to exhaust you with arguing.

You walked over to the crib and he took the mobile from you. He stood up on the ladder placed next to the crib and held the mobile up high, reaching for the hook he had nailed earlier.

You smiled at how pretty it looked but then clenched the crib's railing hard, making your knuckles turn white. The discomfort went as quick as it came but it wasn't pleasant at all.

"S-She's giving us warnings Cas," You said and chuckled but he looked at you sadly, feeling bad that he couldn't do anything about the pain.

At one time a while back he had offered to take the pain away but you just held his hand and told him that this sort of pain couldn't be taken away by anyone or anything. He looked at you with confusion and pity, unable to understand the situation you were in.

You sat onto the floor slowly and Cas joined you. You looked through the instructions for fixing in the colourful lights you had got while Cas thought about how to tackle the wallpaper sticking.