Bad Hair Day (Jared)

You took the key out of the ignition and opened the car door. You walked to the trunk and picked up the five bags of groceries you had gotten from your trip to the supermarket. You thought of calling your husband to help because they were quite heavy but you decided not to, dealing with the load by yourself.

You fumbled with the house key as you inserted it into the lock. You turned it with struggle then kicked the door open slightly after it unlocked. You quickly made your way to the kitchen before shouting, "I'm home!".

"Hey! We're in [y/d/n]'s room!" You heard your husband respond loudly. You smiled as you unloaded all the items in the shopping bags onto the kitchen counter.

You stood there frozen, waiting for Jared to come to the kitchen like he always does when you come back with groceries to help settle everything.

But he didn't come.

You squinted. You heard faint chatter and giggling.

You walked over to your four-year-old daughter's bedroom then stopped with shock when you saw what was happening. You couldn't hold your laughter in.

Jared was sitting on her small dressing table chair, looking at the mirror infront. You daughter had a toy hairdryer in her hand while she made her own machine noises when drying his hair.

"No wonder you didn't come to help," You laughed, "You're getting a makeover!" When he looked back you bent over and gripped onto the door frame out of laughter.

His face was rosy pink with blush on. He had red lipstick on his lips while blue eyeshadow on his eyes. Even his nails were painted.

You walked in, you smiled at your daughter as she put a headband over Jared's hair. You sat down next to Jared, kissing his cheek and smiling.

He looked a little frightened but he loved how his daughter was giving him a makeover. "I was having a bad hair day anyways..." He said and you raised an eyebrow. "Really? When do you ever have bad hair days?" You questioned and crossed your arms.

"Mommy, daddy said he wants his hair braided... What does that mean?" Your daughter asked. You smiled softly and got up, "It means that Daddy wants his hair to look like rope and have a nice design." That was the best way you could describe it to a little girl.

You crouched behind Jared and ran your hands through his soft, silky hair. He shut his eyes and moaned softly, you smirked. Your daughter walked up to you and looked with curiosity.

"So [y/d/n], we take three parts of the hair and we keep putting one over the other," You said as you demonstrated. You did a French braid for Jared, pulling on his hair at times to make it as tight as possible.

"Daddy looks pretty!" Your daughter giggled and kissed her father on the cheek. Jared grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug.

You smiled softly. You walked over to your daughter's drawer of headbands and pins and took out a fluffy pink clip. You pinned it into the middle of Jared's head and he smiled smugly.

"I look like a pwetty pwincess," Jared said, with a girly voice. "The prettiest princess in all the land!" [y/d/n] said and smiled widely.

You took your phone out of your pocket and clicked a picture of Jared and your daughter standing next to him.

"Princess Daddy and Daddy's makeup artist... come on and help me in the kitchen!" You told as you walked out the door of the bedroom.

"Okay [y/d/n], I'll just wash my face and-"

"No daddy! You can't wash your face!" Your daughter said and held him back, "You look so pretty!" He sighed then picked his daughter up and kissed her cheek.

They both walked to the kitchen. You were surprised to still find Jared with makeup on. You giggled when you saw the red lipstick stain on our daughter's cheek. You took a wet tissue and wiped the mark, kissing her nose afterwards.

You gave your daughter the fruit and vegetables to sort, she ended up taking a bite from an apple. "You do look very beautiful Jared," You said as you looked at his pink face.

"She should be a makeup artist in the future... with a little practice and help," He winked at you and you smiled. He pecked you on the lips and chuckled when there was red lipstick on your lips.

"Cherry... interesting," You said and smirked.