Eventide Fixes Everything (Castiel)

🎶: 'Dusk Till Dawn' by ZAYN ft. Sia

_______________

You sat there, crying. Crying about absolutely anything and everything. It all seemed so wrong and so burdensome.

You'd get these hits of depression sometimes, but rarely. It would be the realization of how deadly and risky a Hunter's life is. You'd even sometimes feel as if someone should just end it already.

"[y/n] I-" Castiel walked into the room and immediately stopped talking when he saw you, in the middle of a circle of crumpled tissues.

"What is the matter?" Castiel said, sitting by you on the bed. "It's nothing Cas, I'm fine," You lied. He shook his head, "No you're not." You sighed.

"I just-I don't want to do this anymore. I'm anyways going to die some day, with a knife or a claw going through some part in me," You said and buried your head in your knees.

"No you won't. How are you so sure?" Castiel asked and you frowned. "Maybe you'll have a long healthy life and die when you're ninety years old," Castiel said.

"How are you so sure?" You said and he remained silent. He then smiled softly, "Nothing is sure in this world [y/n], in this life. The roof of the Bunker could fall on our heads right now but that shouldn't keep us from enjoying whatever we can."

"But I have a life ahead. I have so much left to do," You felt tears form in your eyes. "Even an eighty year old person would say that they have so many things left to do but, would they be able to do everything?" Castiel said, "Maybe... Maybe not."

You sat there silently, hugging your knees. He place his hand on yours and looked at you softly. "Why let inevitable things bother you?" He questioned, "Use it as a reminder for appreciating life and that you at least have a home, have something to eat and have people who love you."

"Sam, Dean and I... We love you [y/n]," He said, "And everytime we see you like this, it hurts us deeply. It makes us feel as if it's our fault." You looked at Cas with sadness. You never intended on making them feel that way. You felt worse right now.

"I just-" You started to cry, "I'm so useless, I'm sorry." Castiel hugged you unexpectedly, making you cry more. You trembled in his chest, wanting to... Die.

"I have an idea," He smiled softly and you looked at him with confusion. "Let's go somewhere," He said and stood up. He held your hands and pulled you up, you were inches away from him.

"But first," Castiel said and wiped your tears from your cheeks. "No more crying, promise?" He questioned and you nodded.

He smiled and placed his first two finger on your forehead.

ZAP!

The next time you opened your eyes, you stood on top of a grassy-green hill. It was slightly dim.

"Cas, what are we doing here?" You asked, looking around in fascination. He pointed behind you and pulled you closer by your hand.

You turned around and almost fell to your knees in awe. It was the most beautiful thing you had ever seen. The sun was setting and sky was a spectrum of white, yellow, orange and blue, with a hint of indigo as well.

"Oh my God, Cas..." You drifted and stepped forward. Castiel smiled widely, "Do you like it?" You turned to him and hugged his arm, "I love it Cas."

For a moment, both of your eyes locked on each others. You noticed his eyes drift to your lips. He moved closer to you, you did the same but both of you stopped, feeling awkward. You both were confused as to whether the other wanted it, or if it was just in your own heads.

You pulled his hand and he was forced to sit down on the grass next to you. He sat with his knees close to his chest and you rested your head on his shoulder. "This is so nice Cas," You said and shut your eyes, feeling relaxed.

"I'm happy that you're feeling better," He said and held your hand that was rested on his knee. You kissed him on the cheek, making him freeze. He wasn't expecting that at all.

"I love you Cas, you're the best," You said and shut your eyes again, shifting to make yourself comfortable. He kissed your head, unexpectedly for a while. His eyes were closed, he felt deeply for you but he didn't know how to express it.

You felt the emotions he was feeling. "Cas..." You moaned slightly. "Hmm," He was feeling so relaxed. The atmosphere made everything so... Calm and peaceful.

The sun disappeared soon, leaving you and Cas in the dark, under the stars and the moon. You didn't realize when you both had laid down on the grass, watching the night sky above.

"I think we should go back now. It's getting late," Castiel said and gripped his shirt. "Please just half an hour more. I'm enjoying this so much. Being with you..." You drifted off again, puzzled as to why it was happening so much today.

Cas lay back down comfortably and you placed your hand on his chest. You could feel his heart beat increase. You smirked. You sat up a bit, leaning on one of your arms.

"Castiel, how do you feel right now?" You grinned and he raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean?" He asked, muscles becoming tense. "I mean..." You started to trace the buttons on his shirt, "How do you 'feel' right now?" You moved closer to him.

He sat up a bit, pulling on his collar as if it were hot. He cleared his throat and you giggled a bit. You couldn't help yourself, he looked so good in the moonlight.

You smashed your lips on his, you tried to take as much advantage of this moment as possible. He was surprised at first but then you felt his muscles gradually soften.

You moved closer to him, trying to stay as near as possible. You pulled on his messed up tie, while his hands were on the side of your face.

You'd probably end up spending more than another half an hour, under the diamond-like stars and the moon watching over both of you make out for the first time... Watching you feel happy for a first time in a very long time.