Prom (Leonard Snart Part 2)

I never really understood why but the brig was always the home away from home for me. I didn't care. It was the one place that I wanted to be at the moment. I had Gideon lock the doors and tint the glass. I saw a pile of clothes on the bench. I smiled knowing it was Mick. He was always the one who knew what I needed before I even thought about it. He also knew when there was something up between me and Leonard. I quickly changed and hung the dress up the best I could. 

I sat down on the bench and thought about what Rip had said about Leonard

I sat down on the bench and thought about what Rip had said about Leonard. I could understand why Leonard would do it and I could see why Leonard would go to Ray to ask Rip. But that didn't change the fact that Leonard had basically lied to me about asking Rip for shore leave for the dance. Even though he technically never said that he was the one who asked. I sighed and rubbed my temples, trying to ease the coming headache.

"Why is this so hard?" I asked the empty room. I put my head in my hands and took a deep breath. I sat there for a while.

"Gideon, please untint the glass in the brig." My head snapped up as the glass returned to its normal state to reveal Leonard leaning against one of the frames. He had changed as well. "Why don't you come out?" he asked, not quite looking at me.

"Why? So I can be lied to some more?" I shot back. Leonard cocked his head away from me and pushed himself off the frame. "I don't think so." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I didn't lie. I just didn't tell you that I wasn't the one who actually asked Rip." Leonard said as he walked around the brig. I let out a humorless laugh.

"Sure." I scoffed. "What else have you lied about Leonard? You are a criminal after all." Leonard's eyes snapped to me right away. He walked back up to the glass and leaned against the door.

"I may be a criminal but never doubt that I wouldn't lie to you. I will always tell you the truth." Leonard said. I watched him carefully. He was acting like a caged animal, pacing and he almost seemed to be looking for a way out. I stood up and walked up to the glass separating us, probably for the better considering I was still mad at him.

"And why is that Mr. Snart?" I asked. Leonard watched me carefully as I copied his stance. He took a deep breath and nodded slightly.

"Because I love you (Y/N)." He said. I looked at him skeptically. "I would never lie to you because I love you." I tilted my chin up, not quite believing him but hoping it was true all the same.

"Oh do you now?" I said as I turned around and went back to the bench. I sat down and gave him an unbelieving look.

"Yes (Y/N) I do. Look I know it's hard to believe but it's true." Leonard said. When he was the look on my face he sighed and looked away. "Could never really say 'I love you'. Never really heard it from anyone before. Except for Lisa but that's different." Leonard looked back at me. I was slowly cracking and I was hoping it didn't show.

"Oh." I said while trying to keep my cool.

"I love you (Y/N). Please come out." Leonard said as he waved his hand in front of the control panel and stood in the doorway. I pushed myself off the bench and pushed past Leonard. I made my way to my room, knowing Leonard would be right behind me. I smirked when I heard his footsteps behind me. I turned around once I was standing in front of my bed. "I really am sorry (Y/N). I meant for tonight to be the night of your life. I wanted to make it special for you. And I ruined it by not having the courage to ask Rip myself. I had to ask Ray to ask Rip for me. But it was only because I wanted you to actually have a chance to go to the dance. I'm so sorry. And I love you so much." I bit my lip to try and stop the smile from making its way onto my face but it was impossible. I ran to Leonard and kissed him as passionately as I could. Leonard kissed back just as passionately and held me as close as he could. We only pulled away when breathing became necessary again.

"I love you too Len." I said happily. "You are forgiven." I smirked.

"What's the catch?" Leonard asked with a smile.

"What makes you think that there is a catch?" I asked.

"You've got that twinkle in your eye that says you are up to something. So what's the catch?" Leonard said. I smiled and trapped him by putting my arms around his neck.

"One dance." I said. Leonard glared playfully at me.

"Why did I see this coming?" Leonard said as he smirked at me. His hands fell to my waist and gently gave me a squeeze.

"Because you love me." I giggled. "Gideon, please play that song I kept playing last week."

"As you wish Miss. (Y/L/N)." Gideon said as she started to play the song (song at the top). Leonard started to move us to the music as soon as it started. His eyes never left mine and I blushed under his gaze. He leaned down and gently kissed me. He pulled me closer when the song mentioned holding someone close under the rain. I smiled shyly up at Leonard.

"Going shy on me again?" Leonard asked softly, referring to when we had first met and started dating.

"Not really." I answered just as softly. "Just enjoying the moment." Leonard smiled at me as he moved his arms around me, holding me closer than ever before. I couldn't help but notice his blush when the line "every time you touch me I become a hero I'll make you safe no matter where you are" played. I didn't mention anything, knowing Leonard hated being called a hero, but it was still cute. The song ended but Leonard didn't pull away.

"Gideon, put that song on repeat." Leonard said before kissing me gently again.