Billie Joe Armstrong 7

It was nice. Just the two of us having a drink together. It wasn't often we could just sit down and have a nice quiet talk. Just the two of us. I smiled over at Billie and he smiled back. I played with my coffee cup and the silence was comfortable.

"How's work been?" Billie asked, breaking the silence.

"Pretty good. The research has been boring and I've been wanting to fall asleep while working but it's not so bad. Most of the time I don't have much to do so I just listen to music or watch videos on YouTube." I said. Billie nodded.

"What about school?" He asked. I nodded slowly.

"It's going good. Only major homework I get is from history. Long chapters you know." I said with a shrug. Then I laughed. "It's kinda bad when a Jew says good things about the nazis though." Billies eyes widened.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded. "Wow. That's hard to believe."

"I've got the book with me if you wanna see." I said as I pulled the book out of my bag. Billie took it and read where I told him to.

"Well shit. World must be going to hell." He muttered and handed me back the book. "Well aside from that what else have you had to do?" I shrugged.

"Write a couple of essays. One was something I believe in." I said. Billie smiled.

"Let me guess. You wrote about being yourself and not giving any fucks." He said with a laugh. I nodded and laughed.

"Yes but with nicer language." I said. Billie shook his head.

"Id like to read that." Billie said. "I'd bet you added that bit from Jesus of suburbia. The there's nothing wrong with me part." I nodded and Billie smiled.

"Yep. Teacher loved it." I confirmed. "I also wrote an essay on you." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Me?" Billie asked. His coffee cup was halfway to his mouth and he seemed surprised.

"Yeah. I had to write an essay on how someone has used words to influence me. And we'll you write songs for a living and you've given me a shitton of good advice so...." I trailed off, suddenly interested in my coffee cup again. "Besides you mean a lot to me so I figured I would try to thank you and pay you back in some small way." I shrugged. "This seemed like the perfect way." Billie smiled widely.

"Hey." He said. "Look at me." I did as he asked. "I'm honored. When you can, send me a copy. Id love to read it." I smiled at him and nodded.

"You got it." I said.