Bad Day (Charles Lee Ray)

I buried my head in the pillows as the door slammed shut, signaling Charles leaving and going off who knew where to do who knew what. I pulled the blankets over my head, willing the terrible feeling to go away. Part of me was glad Charles was gone. The other part of me wanted to run after him and make him stay. I ended up dozing off to the hustle and bustle of Chicago coming in through the open window. I woke up to the door slamming shut again. Glancing at the clock on the nightstand, I realized it had only been about half an hour since Charles had left. The saying goes speak of the devil and he shall appear always seemed to apply to Charles, who was now standing in the doorway.

"I thought you were sleeping." He muttered as he entered the room, toeing his shoes off. I leaned up to turn on the lamp, wincing at the introduction of light. The rustling of a bag drew my attention to my boyfriend.

"Trying to." I muttered as my eyes adjusted to the light. I raised my eyebrows at Charles. "What are you wearing?" Charles looked down at his t-shirt and jeans.

"Clothes." He said confused. I reached out for him. Charles chuckled as my fingers dug into the soft cotton of his shirt. "I do wear normal clothes at times (Y/N). I just happen to like wearing nicer clothes more than normal clothes." Charles smiled down at me as I used my other hand to drag him closer by his belt loops. "I go out, buy you food, rent some movies and this was all it took to cheer you up?" Charles laughed as I buried my head in his stomach.

"That's where you went?" I mumbled. Charles nodded.

"Where did you think I went?" Charles asked, putting the grocery bag on the bed before taking the seat next to me. I turned so I remained pressed against him.

"Where you always go when you go out this late at night." I shrugged. Charles laid back, pulling me with him so I could lay on his chest.

"Any normal night and you would be right." Charles ran a hand along my back. "But tonight you needed me. So I'm taking the night off." I smiled up at him.

"How did you know I needed you?" I smirked. "I might have been looking forward to having the place to myself tonight." Charles growled as he rolled us over and trapped me under him.

"If you don't need me, then I'll take everything I just got and leave. I'm sure Eddie would love to watch these horror movies with me." I giggled as he tickled my sides. "Or do you need me and want me to stay?" I nodded as Charles let up. "Then pick a movie." Sitting up, I pulled the grocery bag towards me and Charles went to get the VCR set up.

"How about this one?" I asked as I held up the VHS. Charles nodded and I tossed it to him. He climbed back on the bed and let me curl up against him again. "Thank you Chucky." I whispered as the movie started. Charles resumed his soothing rubbing of my back.

"You know I'm always there for you right (Y/N)?" Charles whispered back. "Because I always will be dollface. No matter what, I will always be there for you." I leaned up and kissed him.

"I know Chucky." I smiled at him. "And I'm thankful for that." Charles held me close as we settled in to watch the movie. Once the movie ended, Charles got up to rewind the tape. I dug through the bag again before picking out the next VHS and some popcorn. Getting up, I gave Charles the tape and made my way to the kitchen to make the popcorn. Charles came in a few minutes later as the popcorn started.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he opened the fridge to grab a beer. He grabbed a soda for me and made his way back over.

"Better. Not perfect but at least I don't want to avoid the world by curling up under the blankets anymore." I smiled at him before checking the popcorn.

"No you just want to avoid the world by curling up on me." Charles teased as he kissed my cheek. I laughed and reached behind me to slid my hand into his back pocket, effectively keeping him pressed against me.

"What's wrong with that?" I laughed as I felt Charles slip his hands into my front pockets. We settled into a comfortable silence broken only by the popcorn cooking.

"So what has you so dead set against interacting with the world today?" Charles finally asked. I sighed as I moved out of his embrace to put the finished popcorn into a bowl.

"I was waiting for you to ask that." I took the bowl and put it on a tray. Charles grabbed our drinks before following me into our room. "I don't know Chucky. I just don't feel like dealing with anything outside the house." I shrugged. Charles sat on the bed after setting up the next movie. He held his arms open for me to cuddle into.

"That doesn't sound good." He said before pressing a kiss to my temple. "But it is you so I'm just going to accept it and do everything in my power to make you feel better." I turned towards him and kissed him.

"You're doing an amazing job Chucky." I smiled against his lips. "I love you so much." Charles smiled before giving me another kiss.

"I love you too (Y/N)." He pulled me closer before settling in and stealing some of the popcorn. We relaxed as we watched the next movie. I started to doze off before being jolted awake by Charles getting off the bed.

"Chucky?" I mumbled sleepily. Charles chuckled as he tucked me back in and kissed my forehead.

"Just taking out the tape." He said as he started rewinding the tape. "Be kind, rewind." He joked as he leaned against the dresser. I chuckled as I watched him. Once it was done, I beckoned him back to bed. Charles curled up next to me before leaning over me to turn off the light. "Are you feeling better dollface?" I nodded against his chest.

"Much better Chucky. Thanks to you." I mumbled. Charles kissed my head before pulling me tightly against him and drifting off to sleep as well.