Chapter 27

A/N:  Here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy it.

Beam POV

What is going on? I'm still in shock. So, the person that I have been looking for was already my friend and he doesn't use his full name at school but some alias. Why? I don't understand.

I'm such an idiot. Of course, my step-brother would be living in the most expensive dorm on campus but we all blew it off because Wayo uses Yo Pan as his name on campus. Why didn't I realize that it is just the shorten version of his full name? I have heard Yo's side of the story already and I know just how hurt Yo is by his dad's actions. I even agree with him. I remember how my mother was before, during and after her divorce. She was never as bad as what Yo's dad was, but I can sympathize with him. I've went through something similar but not quite the same thing.

I still can't believe that Yo is my step-brother. I mentally chuckle at myself because I suddenly remember that I was warning Pha earlier to not rush anything with Yo and to not force Yo into doing something that Yo isn't ready for. Somewhere in my mind, I was already taking Yo under my wing and protecting him, even when I didn't know that we are brothers. I still can't believe it. What are the odds of this happening?

I look over at Yo and he is definitely being protected by both Pha and Shane. I know that Forth will be right there protecting him too right along with Ming. Ming was protecting Yo earlier when my step-father first saw them. I have to admit that I would also protect Yo even against his own dad.

I quickly look over to Kit and after seeing his look of admiration and love towards Ming, I know for sure that Kit would stand right alongside of Ming helping to protect Yo. So, I don't think there is anyone in here that would stand beside my step-father on this matter except my mother. Even though I don't want to admit it, my mother loves her husband so much and she deserves to be happy.

However, I want to get out of here and I want to talk to Yo and I'm sure everyone wants to talk to him too, especially Pha. I'm sure Pha is completely shocked. I can't tell it right now looking at him but I'm sure he is. Oh, what is Pha going to do. His father is trying to setup an arranged marriage and oh no, we just talked about it with my mother and my step-father. My mother can't seem to keep her mouth shut today. Of all days to forget when you are to keep your mouth shut, why does it have to be today? I don't know why she is doing it today. Does Yo even know about Pha's father and what he is doing? Please, mother keep your mouth shut. Pha should be the one to tell Yo and not her.

Mother goes to open her mouth, but my step-father quickly tightens his hold of my mother's shoulders as he says, "Darling, I think the boys probably want to talk to each other now. I think they have gotten a few surprises today. Let's go sit in the garden and leave them alone."

Oh, thank you step-father. You just saved Yo another painful situation.

Before my step-father and mother get up to leave, he turns and looks directly at Pha, and says, "N'Pha, don't worry about your problem with your father. I will make sure that it never happens. Or if it happens, it will happen with someone else." With his last sentence, my step-father smiles mischievously, and he look at Yo. Oh, even I can tell what he is trying to say, and I will support him 100% on this one. Yes, stop Pha's father from doing this arranged marriage thing, but if he can't, the arranged marriage will be with Yo. Mentally, I'm applauding him for protecting Yo and standing up for Pha and Yo's relationship. I hope Yo will realize what he is trying to do to protect Yo. I can see in Pha's smile that he understands exactly what Yo's dad is saying and Pha appears to be very thankful for it. I know my step-father is probably one of the few people that can prevent Pha's dad from going ahead with this arranged marriage thing.