Chapter 81

A/N:  Here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy it.  

Pha POV

I don't know if I'm ready for this, but it is killing me not knowing. Yo's dad and Beam's mother had promised to tell me what happened at the meeting with my father yesterday, but they wanted to wait until after the meeting with Forth's family.

Well, Forth's family left a few moments ago and now it is just our group here. I'm hoping for more good news like what happened earlier, but I know that that is only a dream. I also know that the news isn't going to be good, but I'm still holding out hope that it won't be completely hideous.

I can't take the waiting any longer and I suddenly demand, "Okay. Ai'Forth's family is gone. Now, tell me what happened yesterday. I need to know."

Yo's dad and Beam's mother look at each other and I can just tell from their looks that it is bad.  Really bad.

Yo suddenly blurts out, "Dad! Stop torturing P'Pha. Tell him, now."

Yo's dad takes a deep breath. "N'Pha, it went according to plan for our part. Bella was initially the only one in the room and was watching as your dad seemed to partially become unraveled. His patience was wearing very thin and he was starting to get very anxious when your grandfather, your mother, Max and I entered the room. Your other grandfather waited a few seconds before he entered the room. To say that your father was shocked would be an understatement. He was speechless seeing your family there along with the two men that he didn't want to see, Max and me."

Yo's dad stops for a second and looks at Bella who smiles back at him like she is encouraging him to continue on.

What exactly happened yesterday? I'm not getting a good feeling.

Yo's dad turns back to me and continues. "Well, we dropped the bombshell that Max and I own the two large companies that voted with your grandfather to remove your dad from his hospital position and that we don't plan on letting him get his position back."

Beam's mother quickly adds, "I also let him know that I was the outside counsel that was helping your grandfather run the hospital and that that board has asked me to stay on which I have accepted. He didn't seem to take that news too well. If he could have, I think he would have jumped the table right then and there and strangle me. He just had that look in his eye."

Well, this is all the I expected, but I still feel that there is more. Why was my mother and her father in there too?

Yo's dad continues to explain. "Right after that bombshell, oh, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but someone has to. Your mother gave your father divorce papers. Her father then explained that he was revoking your father's agent rights regarding his shares of the hospital and that he hired movers to take your father's belongings out of the house while he was at the meeting. I just guess your mother wouldn't let your father be homeless, so her father gave him keys to his new apartment."

Bella slowly added, "N'Pha, your father lost it as soon as he heard his acting rights over his father-in-law's shares were revoked. He had been using those shares to be able to control what he wanted done at the hospital and without them, he has absolutely no power. His world crumbled down around him in a matter of minutes."

Yo's dad sighs and looks at me. "N'Pha, we didn't stay to see what he did next. We didn't want to rub salt into his wound, so we left. Your mother did give me your father's apartment address if you want it. Bella and I had told her that we were going to talk to you about the meeting, so she gave us his address to give to you."