97

I wake up to the smell of fresh bread, when I open my eye I see a dark yellow wall unlike the grey in mine and Peeta's room, then as I wake I remember where I'm. We are In my mothers house in 2. Today was her funeral. I feel a little body in my arms and when I look down I see Willow's brown hair In 2 braids. I sit up and take her in my arms waking her up and taking her into the bathroom so she can have a bath.

After I gave Willow a bath and I showered, I took her back into the spare room in my mothers house in 2 where we had arrived yesterday night with Effie and Haymitch. "Katniss" I hear a voice say I turn to see Peeta standing in the door way. He already in his black suit, holding Rye in his arms. "There someone here to see you" he continues. While we'd been here loads of my mothers friends, coworkers or even some patients came to say hello, that they were sorry for my lose. I shrugged my shoulders and walked down stairs Willow following me. "Can you take Rye I need to sort my hair out" Peeta ask and I nodded talking Rye out if his arms. Both Peeta and I had just began to start to get grey hairs coming throw which of course Peeta worried more about then me. As I walk into the living room I greeted by a dark, slim, grey woman with a younger girl what I guess In her teenage years sitting on the old warn in sofa. I felt like I knew these people standing in front of me, "hello" I hear the old women say "I'm Rachel" that name means nothing to me but her does. "Do I know you from somewhere?" I question, "yes, well we have never spoken till now but you did my daughter Rue" her words fill the air around me, chocking me. Rue, this was her mum, I felt a year drip from my eye. "We were here for a party and when we heard about your mother and your arrival here I knew that this was the right time to finally thank you for all you did, for keeping Rue alive for another day, not letting her die alone. That was my worst fear when she was reaped"

I have no word to say to the women who I have longed too see or speak to about Rue. "We better be off our train comes in soon". My mouth seems disconnected from my brain as I watch as Rachel leaves.