101

(Peeta's POV)

I sit her hands in mine, our hand both frail and wrinkled from age. Her grey hair hangs just on her ears, the women I have loved all my life lyes in front of me, she not longer has her dark hair in 2 or 1 braid but still looks beautiful. I here the door creek open then 2 little figures come running in with rosy cheeks followed by my grown up daughter looking like her mother and me, closely followed by her husband Blue who grown into quite the man looking like his father so much. Amber Willow's youngest jumps into my arms sending pain into my legs but I don't care she so cute. Her oldest Peeta named after me sits down watching Amber and Willow like a hawk as he always does, ready to jump to there safety just like his grandmother. Willow kiss me lightly on the cheek, then my son falls through the door, when I look down he is stumped onto the floor. I chuckle a little. "How is she?" his words sound so stern "not long" the words feel wrong on my lips. After 10 minutes Catnip and Cinna come into the room, with Johanna wheeling in David. I always thought that would be me and Katniss, her always being the strongest person. But now I'm going to lose her in a couple of hours at the most. "Ummm" I see Katniss shift In bed. "Katniss" everyone jumps to her side "Peeta" her mutter break my heart "I'm here"

"I..love.. You ... All" her eyes open but only for a second then the alarm on her machines ring. I knew this was coming so I keep her hand In mine, I have lost the women I loved but she with other that she loves and soon I'll join her. Everyone around me is In panic but I stay still not wanting to let go and that's when the tears start. I kiss her forehead and whisper "Goodbye my love, I'll be seeing you soon"

Tears were falling all around me, all the people me and Katniss hold dear. "You guys should head back it's been a long night" the doctor who just confirmed that Katniss had died continues and after a few minutes we did. "Dad do you want me to stay?" Willow asked me as she wipped the tears from Amber and Peeta eyes before doing her own "No sweetheart I'll be fine, you got your family to look after" I answer kissing her before I walked into the houses. I struggled up the stairs before standing in front of the mirror. I had little hair left but what was left was grey, my skin had wrinkled. I was old.

I slid into our bed still in my clothes, I cling to the covers. I get hit by the sent of Katniss, her undesirable smell. Then I felt something strange, a sharp pain hitting me in the heart. I closed my eyes. That when I saw the light, I was slipping away, to Katniss, who every-time I look at her I see that young beautiful girl who had her hair In 2 braid singing, that was the moment I knew that I was uncodishanly in love with this girl who's name was unknown. It was a rocky road that took me too this moment lying in the bed that me and Katniss shared. I feared that Willow and Rye would be destroyed to lose both parent together in one night. There births, there first words, there birthdays, there smiles flashed across my brain mixing with memory's of I and Katniss wedding, Willow and Blue and Cinna and Catnip's there loved had brought Katniss and Gale back together and when Gale passed away Catnip turnt to Katniss.

Can I be forgiven for all the wrong in my life, can I watch over my children as they grow, adding to their family or building them.

My eye closed and I all I could see was dark, then a white light. I open my eyes to see the room around me filled with people I knew and loved. I spotted Prim and Rue waving, standing next to Finnick and Annie, Clove and Cato with a young boy standing next to them. I felt too warm arms around my waist. I turn around to see Katniss in white smiling "Peeta" hearing her voice again made my broken heart, start to piece back together "I love you"