Part 13

Nandini: Manik... I m saying na, u go home, I'll see the work!!
Nandini said for the tenth time, as they sat in his cabin the next day. Fab5 were waiting for Manik in the Malhotra mansion for practice while Manik was busy in work.

Manik: Nandini... U r not understanding, this is important and plus those files need my immediate attention. I hv to wait for the managers.

Nandini: Manik listen.... I know its important and I promise u I will handle it, so u relax and go!! And about the files, I will study them too and then u could just sign them off later...

Manik: Are u sure?? I mean its a lot of work, I don't want to burden u.... U r already doing Cabir's work too!!
Manik asked getting up from his chair as he moved towards her. Nandini stood up in front of him and asked,

Nandini: Manik.... Do u trust me??

Nandini looked straight into his eyes trying to read them​ when he smiled slightly and nodded. His eyes glistering with sincerity, showing that he actually meant it.
Manik: Yes...

And within a second a broad smile crept over her face,
Nandini: Then go and practise.... Live ur dream!! Go...

Manik hugged her swiftly as he picked up his phone and turned to leave.
Manik: See u later... Meet me after work Ohk?

Nandini: I will...
Nandini smiled and within a second he was out leaving her alone in his cabin when she asked herself nervously,

Nandini: How will I handle everything??? I hv never done this before.... I just hope I m able to mark up to ur trust Manik!!

The day at work after that seemed like a hurricane​ to Nandini. She was a designer, and she was comfortable living with all those sketches around her, but now all that she saw in front of her on the table were figures and files...

Ohk, thats boring... Admit it or not, this isn't everyone's cup of tea. Especially for someone who is used to creativity.

Nandini: Music and sketches are so much better!!
Nandini muttered to herself as she finished off the first file and took the next one from the stack of 5.

It was 5:30, her usual time to leave but she was still in her cabin with her head dug into the papers around her.

At around 6 the guard came to her,
Guard: Ma'am u still here?? I was here to close the office.

Nandini: Not needed... I still hv some work, it will take some more time. U can close up after that.

The guard nodded at her and walked back outside, at his place. It was around 8 when Nandini finally closed up the file.

Nandini: Hush....

She wrapped up everything and kept those files in her bag. Taking up all the stuff she walked through the empty office corridors to Manik's cabin. Keeping some stuff off she locked his cabin and soon was on her way back home.

She freshened up and changed into some casuals before walking back out.