Gajeel X Reader | I'm Sorry | Part 2

Requested by a few people?

Personally, I don't see Gajeel as someone who would write an elaborate letter. Please leave a comment to tell me how I did ^^

I'm Sorry

Dear [Name],

It's been a few years since you've passed, but somewhere in my heart, I still treat you as though you never left us. I just... I really can't believe that you're gone, that you'll never come back.

I am the one who is sorry for not realising your feelings sooner. And I'm also sorry for leaving this letter so late. I couldn't bring myself to accept it for many years. I figure that I am a coward for refusing to accept the undeniable truth. 

We all are.

Gajeel... He... locked himself in your apartment for weeks on end after hearing the news. He refused to leave and no one could convince him to eat or even sleep. He was probably thinking back and wishing that it was all a nightmare. When Lily flew in through the window, he found Gajeel passed out at your desk. He couldn't believe that you were gone and blamed himself.

I don't think that he ever got over your death. No matter how hard he tries to hide it today, I can tell that he is still haunted. 

When we finally managed to convince him to organise the funeral, he was a mess. The slightest things would agitate him and he would end up snapping at others. He was beyond mad during the service although it was mostly at himself for not being there for you. 

He hasn't been the same ever since reading your letter. He was upset, then depressed and then he grew angry. You'll probably find this slightly amusing, though I wouldn't know. He was threatening your gravestone, demanding that it disappeared; demanding that you return and take back your apologies in your letter.

He doesn't want to believe that you left him after all those years.  

And neither do any of us.

Everyone in Fairy Tail mourned. They cried and wept, not believing that you disappeared so suddenly. The guild seems to have recovered, but that is only a facade. Not so deep down, everyone is still affected by your death.

That seat you had once jokingly claimed to be your own? Gajeel makes sure that no one ever sits at the spot. Not that anyone would. It's your seat now, forever and always.

To say that I miss you would be the understatement of the century.

You were always there for Gajeel and me. When he was having trouble communicating his feelings, you would be there in a snap, mending our relationship.

Your smile was so radiant that it seemed to light up the world around you... None of us realised just how much you were hurting inside.

You shouldn't be apologising at all. It's our faults for not realising, for not asking about you. It shouldn't be your fault that we were too blind both in love and life to notice.

You left us too early. You called yourself selfish, but that is the one thing you could never be because you are the most selfless person I've met.

To have been able to smile like you did when you were actually suffering is something that I would've never been able to do. You hid your deteriorating health and your heartache from Gajeel and all of us because you didn't want any of us to worry.

How could we ever hate you when you were thinking about us this entire time?

You pushed away your own emotions for the sake of keeping your relationship with Gajeel, for the sake of being his best friend. It's too late for me to tell you now, but you didn't have to do that.