Caring

Chapter 29

     Klaus's day went by very fast he was now closing up for the night. On his way down to the car he decided to call Rebekah seeing how things were going secretly he hoped that the would be ready for a break so he may take Caroline to dinner. "Brother how are you?"

"Well, sister how are you?"

"Can't complain."

"How is the brain storming session going?"

"Was going good till Caroline got sick. Maybe we shouldn't have had street tacos. Stefan and I are going to pick up some soup for when she wakes up."

"No worries I'll go get it before I stop over."

"I don't know Klaus, she wouldn't want you to see her like this."

"She is going to be my wife I think I can see here when she is ill."

"Suite yourself but remember I warned you."

Before getting into this car he walked over to Delany's. "Hey Klaus its a bit late in the day for you to be in here." Larry the owner greeted. "Caroline is not feeling well so I'm just stopping to get her some soup."

"Two pints of her favorite coming right up. Klaus might I say I'm happy to see you lovebirds finally decided to take this to the next level. Donnajo and I have been waiting for years for the two of you to wise up and see whats right in front of you."

"Wish you would have told me this years ago saved me alot of waiting."

"Oh no you never mess with cupids arrow Klaus things take time for a reason. Here is your soup hope see feels better soon."

"Thank you Larry I'll send her your well wishes" Klaus said handing him a twenty which Larry refused. Larry never took cash form Klaus when order lunch it was always on the company's expense account. Anytime that Klaus came to the dinner outside of business hours Larry would refuse his money. Klaus would always put the twenty in the tip jar before biding farewell to Larry and Donnajo, Today was no different.

     On his way to see Caroline he wondered why Larry wouldn't take his money. Klaus did always send a check to the dinner ever year for Christmas and Larry always used it to create a Christmas feast for the homeless and had many signs around giving Klaus credit. They would read DELANY'S DINNER HOLIDAY FEAST sponsored by Niklaus Mikaelson. Yes Klaus gave the money was intended for Larry to treat himself or pay down some of the bills that a Mom n'Pop place in New York must build up.

May things had confused Klaus today. As he pulled put to the girls apartment he tried to clear his mind and left the car with Caroline's soup and his overnight bag.