17 September, 2019.

Induction Day 2.

I reached office on time. Before time actually. Now that's the me behaviour.

I initially sat next to the Office I girl, but then went went back to sit the way we sat yesterday, between the Director and the CA guy.

Today's sessions were a bit of a drag but I had a great time with the peeps around me.

CA guy/ CA 1 is an extrovert and quite funny. It felt good to have someone to talk to throughout.

The Director's senior position didn't stop her from mixing up with the others. It was great talking to her and also not really feeling that intimidated.

Office I girl seems to have formed her own group but still talks to me when she sees me so that's good.

I also spoke to a couple others, including a certain CA 2. Oh, everyone seemed to have gone ahead and done more than one degree so I felt a bit under-qualified when I was with them. But I am confident that I will be able to catch up and not make my lack of a professional degree be much of a hindrance.

Towards the end of the day, a couple of us exchanged numbers. Coming from different offices, I'm not sure if we'll be able to stay in touch but I'm not too worried about the future as of now. I'm just enjoying things as it comes.

While leaving, CA 2 asked if I'd like to join a couple of people who were going out to a cafe or something. I politely declined cause I hadn't really met these other people and I knew that it would become too awkward if I just crashed into their plan. Besides, my girl can only handle a certain amount of social interaction in a day.

I came back home much earlier and in a much more relaxed manner than yesterday. I also took some snacks on my way back.

I've had my dinner and this CA 2 has been trying to chat quite a bit and I think he's indirectly asking me out for a coffee?

Woah. I've not had anyone approach me in such a way in a REALLY long time. And never after only one meet. It's frankly a bit too straight forward and I'm not sure I quite vibe with it.

Oh I have to talk about this other guy! So yesterday, during one of the activities, I met with this really awkward guy who is hired from the office as me. And even though there were others in our group who were also hired from Office I, this guy seemed to only want to talk to me.

He wasn't present when we all were exchanging numbers. I still had some paperwork to do around the time everyone was leaving for home. I was working on my stuff when I noticed this guy just standing with his phone out, lookin' at me. I felt so weirded out. I took a lot of time to get done but this guy patiently waited by the exit as others walked passed him.

When I tried to do the same, he quickly came up to me and asked if he could have my number. I couldn't really say a no, could I? So I gave it to him and dude just ran away without giving me his. Wow.

Oh boy, looks like work life is already giving me a different kind of first experiences.😅