15 November, 2020.

Study Leave Day 7.

I slipped today.

My morning was productive for I continued with the LR vids/practice. However, I had decided to give another mock from 12:30 to 2:30 (my official test timings on 29th) and there is negligible improvement in my score. And my percentile dropped quite a bit even with an increase in the score.

I had done really well in VARC in my previous mock but today I fell back into ignorant/panic mode.

I did muchhhhh better in the DILR section but the Analysis video said that this Section was the one of the easiest they've set amongst all the mocks so I don't know :/ I really want to believe that my recent LR practice has been of some help.

Quants.... at this point I'm beyond disappointed in myself. While giving the test, I could feel that the question is are literally testing the most basic concepts of a topic and I still wasn't able to attempt them. I honestly don't understand how I can drop to this pathetic level after overcoming my fear of Math years back.

The only good part about today was the food. Dad made chicken kheema and as usual it was too tastyyy. I'm always amazed how we're able to eat such flavourful food as part of our regular meal.

We as a family do not go to restaurants that frequently but we do have a tradition of eating out during Diwali. This time, since we're restricting the number of times we go out, we decided to order in. Alex and I had been longing for some Bhuna Chicken from this one particular restaurant and we finally got to taste it again!

Alex and dad went out and got us a box of Bhuna and another box of Butter Chicken. Both of them were delicious. I was really satisfied with the Bhuna!

Coming back to the unsatisfactory part of the day, I wasn't able to study at all after the mock. Post lunch, I analysed my mock attempt for a bit and then spoke to Gurtley for over an hour (she's got into one of the MBA colleges in the city. Good for her!). After that, I lost my resolve to study entirely.

My digital detox went for a toss and I spent hours looking at K-pop/non K-pop vids and articles.

Mom and Alex had decided to watch a movie after dinner and I joined them for about an hour.

It's been around 10 mins since I came back to my room but I still am unable to get back into the zone.

Okay, let's try this again. Tomorrow is a the start of a new week and for the next 7 days, I will devote my time entirely to quants. I need to get better.