04 (1/2) Morning Sun

"Princess, princess..."

What is this feeling she is having? She couldn't find the right words to describe it nor understand it for that matter. How strange for it to overcome her so suddenly. A rush of emotions that quaked her entirely that it halted her completely.

"Princess Celestia," a voice whispered to her ear. Celestia blinked and swayed her sights to the voice. A red stallion stood next to her. He seemed a slight anxious by the look of his troubled face.

"Sunset Spice," Celestia identified him. He is her personal assistant that has aided her in her duties for nearly half a decade now. A very respectful stallion, but tenacious a tad to her inconvenience. However, she has enjoyed his company all the same despite his encroachments. It's good to have a pony that can be upfront with her. There aren't many that could do the same.

"Are you well Princess," Spice murmured. "Our guests are getting worried." Spice was right in his observation after Celestia noted similar expressions from the three officials before her throne.

As she recalls, they were in the middle of an important discussion until she randomly zoned out by her sudden emotions. Even after drawing herself back to reality, she could not piece out its meaning. No, now is not the time for that. She can meditate about it later.

"I apologize for the long pause," Celestia collected herself. She needs to finish matters with them before she could contemplate any further. "Moving back to our discussion, you were requesting that I host the Summer Sun Celebration at Manehattan, correct?"

Three officials from Manehatten stood before their princess. It's not rare to receive these requests from town officials, in fact, it's always frequent. Having the princess host a significant event at their town would be a surefire way to attract ponies, which is also guaranteed to stimulate their economy.

The underlying goal it saddened her. She had never intended for the event to be a competition for their princess's blessing, but can't regulate everything a pony can do and nor would she. Hopefully, her sister would not think of her harshly for this.

"T-there's no need to apologize, princess," one of the officials said. "We understand the multitude of labors you endure. If the morning is perhaps not a good time, we are willing to reschedule our meeting."

"I appreciate your concern, but there will be no need for that. We shall continue with the matter."

"Then allow me to restate our request," said another official who bore more courage in his voice. "It would be an honor to Manehatten to orchestrate the Summer Sun Celebration, your grace. Our theater has worked strenuously on a play to recount your efforts in defending us from suffering under the moon for all eternity against the infamous Nightmare Moon. It would please all of Equestria if your presence was there."

A play huh? Celestia would prefer not to remember that tragic night. Though it wouldn't be as vivid since the text does not tell the entire truth of their relationship. No pony except herself knows that Nightmare Moon is her younger sister and the banishment was a great tragedy to the Sun Princess. For centuries she had endured the torment of not having her sister by her side.

If Celestia was honest about the matter, she regretted what she did. Perhaps there was a more peaceful option she could've taken that didn't involve separating herself from her sister. If only she made more time to take with her, maybe that whole debacle would have never occurred.

But she was forced into a corner and in her desperate act to protect her ponies, she committed a terrible deed to her sister. She tried justifying her actions in the decades afterward, but as nights have gone by without her sister, the guilt panged all her excuses to crumbles.

She couldn't even remain at the Castle of Two Sisters, having to enter the room where they had their bout. The memory of it would always come back all at once to her and it would always make her feel ashamed that perhaps she made the wrong decision. So, she decided it was for the best that got away from it all.

Canterlot was definitely a nice change of scenery. Far above the forest, the Castle of Two Sister disappeared under the groves of trees. The new halls and tapestries were also an effective distraction, but regardless of all the new things she had, her sister's moon would always be bare in her sights during the quiet nights. And when she is alone in her room, the only thing she could do was reflect. And those would be the moment she would think of Luna again.

She rather not relive that moment again, despite missing important contexts. But of course, she won't simply decline. She will give them time to wait, after all, they are her guests until the afternoon.

"I see," Celestia said. "That is an interesting proposal; however you must give me time to ruminate on your offer. There are countless other towns that desire the same and I would like to have a moment to come to a fair selection that all will understand."

"Of course Princess," said the only stallion official among them. His voice sounded a bit disappointed. Nothing that a tour and the finest dishes can mend.