26 Night Shift with Lazuli (3/5)

If Bud ever found out what Lazuli was about to do, Lazuli might experience a pain worse than death. Her eyes glared upon a building that had neon lights and a sign titled "The Dove". Yeah, this was the place. Lazuli's other job that she doesn't speak about with Bud and her friends.

"Okay Arty," Lazuli said to the colt that was strapped to her pectoral. "I'm gonna need you to keep this on and not take it off under any circumstance." Lazuli placed a shade that she adjusted to fit on Artemis. It was a very convenient trinket that her mother made for her a long time ago. She was very talented in enchanting objects.

After Lazuli added a headphone on Artemis's ears, he flailed his sights about as all of his vision became too dark for him to see. His hooves raised to remove the shades, the Lazuli put them down. "No Arty, don't touch them."

The colt pouted, but after plenty of resistance from Lazuli, he inevitably adhered to the mare's demand. Lazuli then took a deep breath and hoped to Celestia that no image of this will be remembered by the colt.

Lazuli made her way to the entrance, filled with a line of ponies waiting before a brawn stallion to approve them inside. Lazuli stepped before this stallion as he said while looking at a list on his clipboard, "No cutting. Take your flank to the back."

"It's me," Lazuli said.

"Hmm," the stallion raised his head and then lowered his shade to register the mare before him. "Bout time you showed up. Do me a solid slap our boss across the head."

"So he's being that obnoxious, huh?"

"When is he not?"

Lazuli entered the building after hearing sounds of complaints from the ponies behind. Her eyes took time to adjust to the dark lighting of the place and rambunctious music that roared into every facet of the massive room.

Lazuli lowered her head to conceal the colt from any pony around her. She became very wary of the colt's frantic movement. She hoped to Celestia that he didn't see any of the ponies dancing in their skimpy outfits on the stages.

Lazuli hurried around the throng of ponies in the club and made her way to an office on the upper floor of the building. Inside, she discovered a green stallion frantically talking to himself. The stallion stopped when he heard the door closed and looked at Lazuli's way.

"Lazuli," the stallion rushed to her and attempted to give her a hug. Lazuli, however, thrust her hoof at his forehead and pushed him back. "Ow, ow, ow," the stallion placed a hoof on his forehead. "Come on Lazuli, I'm frail."

"Why'd you call me here Clip Art?" Lazuli asked. "I already sent a letter saying I would be busy today."

"It's Dove," Clip Art corrected her. "And don't you think I deserve more respect than that?"

"I'm busy Clip," Lazuli said. "You're going to have to find some pony to fill in for me."

"That won't do. It can't be no other pony but you."

"I'm not available today," Lazuli scowled.

"And yet your fine flank is standing right before me," Clip grinned. "Wait, wait, I can explain," Clip added as Lazuli took a step towards him.

"Be quick about it," Lazuli said.

"Well, I happen to have a very special guest today. A very special one that is known across Equestria. His appearance here is a golden opportunity to increase The Dove's popularity. So, I want to make sure that all of my best workers are here to ensure that he has a great time."

"Really? Is that it? You called me here just to make sure that some stallion has some fun?"

"I wouldn't take that tone if I were—" Clip paused when he saw Lazuli take another step. "W-well, I can certainly make some accommodation if it inclines you to stay."