Entry # 78: O Sei San (Romance/Historical Fiction)

It was during my second trip abroad when our paths intersected. Her irresistible charm and gait fascinated my being. She was one of a kind, a gem that is hard to find. Her wonderful smile lit up my dark and lonely life. The countable days I have spent with her were diamonds that will never lose its glitter. She captured my heart and soul, my Seiko, my O Sei San.

I came when plants spring from the ground and trees come into blossom. It was my first time to step in a country of strong culture. It made me recall of my motherland that was taken away by strangers. It was deprive by people who claimed it was theirs. My anger heated up as I reminisce what they did to my homeland. But when I saw her face, the fury I felt melted. She was the sweetest, my beloved O Sei San.

She was the smartest girl I have ever met. As what my friend has told me, she was the only daughter of a famous samurai in Japan. I tried to speak to her in Nihongo, but she spoke into English. She laughed because of my reaction. I was startled. She explained that she was raised by her father with good education. She lent her hand to guide my way. She showed me the way to peace and solemnity. She was my refuge, my dearest O Sei San.

It was the night of Awa Odori when I confessed my love to her. "You are the biggest star in my galaxy. You are the exception of my anger, my one and only. Aishiteimasu Seiko. Watashi wa anata o totemo aishite my only O Sei San," I said sweetly to the woman who captured my heart.

Her eyes sparkled as they met mine. The rotation of Earth stopped when her hand touched my cheek. There were no words spoken. The moon shone its brightest when our lips met. She was the modestest, my only O Sei San.

Fall came, the cherry blossoms lost their beauty and so did my precious O Sei San. I told her I was leaving. Tears were running down her face. She insisted for me to stay and live the peaceful life. However, my love for my country overflowed. I left my heart with her.

I heard the loud sound of the ship. It was time for me to go. I took a last glance and found myself going back to the place where I left my heart with.

She was taken aback to see my presence but gave me the tightest hug. "You are back Jose. You choose me," she said as tears were running down her beautiful face. I wiped the tears away and claimed her lips.

She was not my first and only love. But for me, she was both. The Almighty has given us the chance to be together, so I gave myself the only chance. I knew it will never happen again.