Entry # 91: Cupid Without Arrows (Romance/Fantasy)

Today was her last day.

        I could still remember how we’ve met five days ago. I saw her lying in my bed that night, snoozing soundly under the comfort of my blanket, which seemed to me was the only thing that covered her entire body. Her sexiness drove my manhood. But I already had too much for that night. So I sat down on the corner of my room leaving myself crying. All I could feel was pain, not paying much attention to some strange girl sleeping in my bed. Kylie, my girlfriend, broke up with me that day.

        I could still recall how I was surprised when I saw her walking out of the bathroom dripping wet, concealed by my towel while I was busy cooking my breakfast the next morning. I thought seeing her last night was just a dream. She claimed herself as Liana, a cupid who would help me solve my problems. That was stupid, right? But she insisted. So we went to Kylie’s house to prove everything she wanted to tell me was true.

        I could still feel the embarrassment when Kylie saw me that day. But Liana talked to her. They had couple of minutes of conversation while I was feeling nervous. When Kylie went back inside her house, Liana gave me a good surprise. She said Kylie would give me another chance.

        Five days, that was all it took for me to learn everything. Liana taught me well how not to screw up my relationship with Kylie, and told me how to please her. Still, I didn’t believe that she was a cupid. Five days, she stayed under my roof. She slept in my bed, showered in my bathroom, and ate the same meal I had. But I only limit myself into fantasizing her. But, the truth is, it only took five days for me to fall in love with her. The feelings were completely different from what I felt towards Kylie. But I know for sure that it was love.

        My heart was tearing apart when I learned today was her last day.

        She took me to a ball where Kylie would arrive shortly. I had a last dance with her then, telling me more of her advices. I was happy. That moment I wanted for the song not to stop, and for her hands not to let go. I wanted to see more of the sparkles in her eyes. I would miss her smile and her laugh, her peculiar stories of their world, and the way she snores when she’s in deep sleep.

        “I love you.” I told her but she was slowly fading. She didn’t responded but I sensed something change in her. I gripped more of her hands but they were both becoming too soft to hold on. Her image was already vague when I saw tears in her eyes. Then, she smiled towards me before she completely vanished into thin air. It really was very painful.