Entry # 173: Take Her Soul (Romance/Fantasy)

He fights the urge to kiss the girl lying on a bed in front of him. Her face so serene gleams in the moonlight. He’s been guarding her every night in her sleep. He wants to take care of her, to be her angel. But that’s impossible. Because he’s no angel. And he can never be an angel.

He lays a finger on her temple down to her jaw, tracing the every outline of her face. He hears her laugh softly. And it makes him let out a smile he can’t suppress.

She’s beyond beautiful, he thought.

His eyes wandered on her alluring face, wanting to kiss every single part of it, to touch it, to feel it. He wants her to wake up so he can stare at her innocent eyes, but if she does, she will see him and she will face a big consequence for that.

He never had this feeling before. This feeling of urgency to hold someone—skin to skin, flesh to flesh. Weird and creepy as it may seem but he can do nothing about his strange feeling towards the girl. The girl who looks like an angel with crimson hair so soft and so sweet-scented. The aroma her soft skin releases makes him feel high. It’s as if he already reaches heaven even if everybody knows he can never enter its gates.

I need you, he thought, because whenever I’m with you, all I want to do is guard you. And I totally forget the reason why I exist.

It must be love. He must really love this girl for she can make him forget his whole existence.

“I need you,” he said out loud.

And slowly, the girl opens her eyes.

***

A very deep and creepy voice of a man echoes in her mind while she’s having a dream. The voice isn’t clear but it’s loud in her ears that it makes her wake up from the dream.

She opens her eyes and the moonlight makes her sightless for a moment. When she finally gets her sight back, she sees a grotesque figure standing next to her bed.

Right in front of her eyes is a skeletal figure clothed in a black cloak carrying a scythe as tall as him. He’s head almost reaching the ceiling of her bedroom.

Her eyes widen and she wants to scream and cry for help but her voice seems to be lost. She can do nothing but to release a tear of fear and sorrow from her eyes.

Death. The Grim Reaper. Right before her very eyes.

***

The Grim Reaper, to his shock, automatically leans his face towards the girl to take her. He presses his wide teeth against her pale lips, sucking her soul out of her.

She leaves him with no choice. It’s either take her soul or she will be a Death Angel. And he doesn’t want the latter. He wants her to always be at peace.