Entry # 16: Number Ten (Romance/Fantasy)

Once upon a time, I fell madly in love with a lovely lady named Tin. She's perfect and she's my happy ever after.

That was once upon a time.

Today, I left her.

Her confessions left me totally stunned. I was deeply wounded by her lies - about who she really was.

Her name wasn't Tin, but Ella. She has these powers which they call Legacies and one of hers was Aeternus which allows her to shift ages. Her real age doubles mine. And the worst part of her revelations? Tin is member of the Garde of the Lorics, the aliens who abducted my mother.

Our love story had gone wrong.

' Say goodbye to happy ending,' I smiled bitterly as tears fell down my eyes. 'I'll be okay soon.'

Months passed and I've learned to moved-on. Time indeed heal all wounds.

Then, one evening, she came back and I was her target.

She was in her 20 year old age, dressed up in all-black leather suit and holding a Mk.46 machine gun which was directed towards me. A red dot appeared at my left chest - where my heart is. She grinned at me devilishly. Red energy bolts fired out towards me. I dodged but the bullet hit my abdomen. I fell to the ground. Blood gushed out on my stomach. It's painful and it weakened me. My vision went blur but I still manage to see her walking towards me. Then, she fell next to me, convulsing.

As she stood up, she metamorphosed to a big bald pale-skinned man. His grotesque appearance sends me in fear. He lifted a dagger and was about to plunge me when we heard a loud explosion.

In my peripheral vision, I saw three people coming out from the thick smoke. One of them is Tin in her older version. The blonde lady levitated and battled with the bald man. Tin and the other one run towards me.

"Marina, heal him!" Tin shouted. She hugged me, "You'll be okay, Gab."

I smile faintly then I closed my eyes. "You can't die Gabriel, I love you!"

I don't know how long I had been sleeping. I woke up unwounded and found myself on the Garde's hide-out. Marina told me everything. The Mogadorians were the one who kidnapped my mother. The Garde were the earth protectors. And the one who tried to kill me was the leader who can transmogrify.

I asked for Tin/Ella's forgiveness, "I still love you Gab," she said, blushing.

"And I love you too, Number Ten."

Then she kissed me. By that, I knew I was forgiven.

This surely is a happy ending.

We went home together. Dad will be surprise for my announcement of marrying Ella.

But, I was the one surprised when Dad uttered, "I'm glad you've found your mother, Gab."