White Clouds

"Kid, you chose the Golden Deer? Those little brats in the Lions seem a lot more...put together. Or even those Eagles."

"That's what I'm here for, isn't it? To unite them, and teach them?" Byleth reminded him, no emotion in her voice. Part of her was...excited to become a professor.

Well, that...wasn't exactly true. She was honestly more afraid to be anything besides a mercenary...but then she was reassured she was allowed to pick a house.

After saving those three house leaders, Byleth knew she had very little interaction to choose a leader. Dimitri, Edelgard, and Claude all led a house.

She knew exactly what house she was going to choose just based on who led it.

Dimitri and Edelgard had both tried to recruit her immediately, while Claude had laughed it off and admitted he'd planned on doing the same. She'd taken an immediate liking to him.

"You do you, Kid," Jeralt sighed. He didn't believe her, he couldn't understand why he'd choose the people who take the most work. Jeralt didn't see her interest in Claude quite yet. Byleth shrugged, but she knew in her heart that this was the right choice.

After all, she was interested to learn more about her Golden Deer, Claude particularly.