Introductions

Most of the story is written in peridots point of view if there is a switch I'll let you know. This also in a human AU where ruby and sapphire are garnet's parents cause you know she's a combination of them

Peridots POV

I was fresh out of high school, still clueless about everything and anything. I spent my entire senor year with pearl, garnet, Steven and amethyst. I ran away from home and had no where to go so they took me in for an entire year. That being said they're a pain to live with and I decided I'd be better off on my own in my own dorm room (that they paid for). I had started to move in during the summer so I could be ready for the school year when Steven brought a tall slender girl with blue dyed hair and a cold unforgiving demeanor.
"heya peridot guess guess whatttt" Steven flew his arms and gestured to the girl.
"What is it" I said as nonchalant as possible to hide my confusion.
"You're getting a roommate!" Steven bounced with joy. "This is lapis lazuli I think you've met but I'll let you get to know each other"
I was suddenly assaulted by my own memories and guilt. Back when I would still hang around jasper I remember her harassing lazuli on multiple occasions. But I'm a changed person I'm gonna make amends.
"Hello lazuli I know things weren't always well between us but I'm hoping we can put that in the past and start over" I put on my best smile and stuck my little arm out so she could shake it.
"Peridot" she replied in an emotionless tone.
I held my arm out for a few moments before she finally took it and gave it floppy shake. She said my name and shook my hand that's progress right?
"So would you like to come inside. I've already started to decorate the room but I'd love some company while I finish" we walked inside and she took a quick glance at the decently sized room small kitchen with added dining room and fairly large living room compared to the rest of the place. In the room there were two beds one on top of the other with a ladder going up to the top. For decor I put a shelf where I could put my robots and desk were I could do homework.
"Which one do you sleep in" I jumped slightly when she spoke, she was so quiet that you could barely tell she was there.
"Well I sleep on the top cause I like to feel taller" I pointed to the top bunk. "Besides it better that way I can sit up and stand on the bed comfortably but you'd probably hit your head on the roof." lazuli nodded and placed a small cylinder gym bag on the ground near the base of the bed. Then she laid down with her hands behind her head and went into immediate sleep. That went well I thought to myself. There was still an hour before I'd usually go to sleep so I sat down to work on my robots.
After 30 minutes
I finished the last of my robots and grabbed some clothes to take a shower. I went inside and saw lapis standing in front of the sink brushing her teeth.
"How was your nap?" I asked awkwardly. Lazuli looked at me and pointed to the tooth brush in her mouth.
"Oh right sorry um... I'll just wait outside for you to finish" I got out and closed the door oh my stars I'm an idiot. Lazuli soon got out of the bathroom and I rushed it without looking at her to take my shower.
"I'm going to sleep. Goodnight" lazuli sounded cold as ever.
"Ah alright I'm just gonna shower and head to bed goodnight lazuli" I closed the door and showered. When I came back out lazuli was in her bed sleeping soundly so I crept up slowly and laid down on my bed. This is gonna be a long year