Spending the Day

Peridot POV
We didn't have school today so I thought it best to go out. It's probably best we don't stay inside the dorm too much since people know where that is now.
"Hey lets go on a date"
"What with the sudden urge?"
"Do I need an excuse to spend the day with my beautiful girlfriend?"
"No but you usually aren't this spontaneous"
"Who said I don't have something planned out?"
She sighed and got out of bed.
"What should I wear?"
"Huh?"
"For our date, shouldn't I dress for the occasion?"
"Just something casual"
She undressed and changed into some blue jeans and a white long sleeved crop top.
"You're staring"
"I can't help it I love every inch of you"
I smiled a little as lapis turned a light pink.
Eventually I also got up and threw on some dark blue jeans, a black tank top and a red flannel.
"Ready to go?"
"We aren't gonna eat?"
"I thought I'd take you somewhere"
I drove to a small cafe and we sat down to order. Lapis got the crepe and I got some pancakes.
"What's next on our little agenda?"
"You'll find out once you finish your food"
She rolled her eyes and a cut a piece of her crepe.
"Want some?"
She held out her fork towards my face.
"Sure"
I leaned in for a bite but she pulled away right before. She ate the bit of crepe on her fork and smiled.
"You suck"
"Oh no I'm so offended"
We both laughed. I noticed a small amount of whipped cream on lapis's bottom lip. I looked around before leaning over and running my tongue softly against the spot where she had the cream.
"What was that for?"
"You had something besides I wanted a taste"
She blushed
"You sure are confident today"
I smiled and finished up my food.
"Cmon we have quite a bit planned you know"
"Yeah yeah I'm going."
I paid for the food and we went back into the car. Out next spot was a shopping mall which I usually avoid but lapis seemed to enjoy her visit last time we came with aqua.
"A mall?"
"Something wrong?"
"Didn't think you enjoyed it there"
"I know you like it so"
She gave me a peck on the cheek and we walked in. The first place we went to was a clothing store but they didn't have much in my style so I told lapis I'd be back. I walked around a bit before coming across a small jewelry shop selling a necklace.
"Hey how much for this?"
"Good eye that's a lapis lazuli a really fine gem"
I couldn't help but laugh slightly despite my best efforts to hold it in. That's just too ironic not to purchase.
"I'll take it"
I bought the necklace and went back to find lapis.
"Hey there you are"
"I went to go look around"
"Did you find anything?"
"Nah nothing too worth while"
We hit a few more stores but I only ended up buying a choker and the necklace.
Lapis got a few things from the clothing store and some new paints she had run out of.
"We heading home?"
"Not yet"
"You really booked the whole day huh"
"Yes"
"Alright where to next"
"Patience"
She didn't complain for once and just sat back in her seat. We had some time to kill before the final thing planned so I decided to take her to a small park.
"We're here"
"A park, you sure are pulling all the cliche date locations"
"What do you mean?"
"You took me to eat then shopping and now to the park"
"The last one isn't cliche don't worry"
We wandered around before sitting on the swings and looking at a few kids running around.
"5 bucks says the one in the yellow shirt trips"
"That's mean"
The kid then suddenly falls on his face and starts to cry. Eventually his mom picks him up.
"Well?"
Lapis sticks out her hand. I groan and put the 5 dollars in her hand.
"Easy money"
"What do you think about kids?"
"I like em we are similar"
We both laugh
"Alright let's go to the last place"
"The grand finale?"
"Yep but before we do that I have something to give to you"
I take the small box out of my pocket and place it in her hand. She opens it and smiles softly
"Is this lapis lazuli?"
"Did you think I'd pass up on an opportunity like that?"
We both laugh and I put the necklace on her.
"Alright where are we going?"
"It's a surprise"
"Yeah yeah"
I take her to our last spot, a drive in movie. It's a little old school but I'm sure she'll love it.
"Wait is this like one of those old timey drive in movies?"
"Yeah but they play the modern movies"
Her eyes lit up as we pulled into our parking spot and I get up to grab some snacks. By the time I get back the movie has started and lapis is essentially bouncing with excitement.
"So I'm guessing you like the surprise?"
She pulls me into a kiss
"Yes I love it, thank you. I'm not sure what the occasion is and now I'm a little worried today's like our anniversary of sorts."
"Nah just felt like spoiling you"
I put the snacks down and we settled down a little. Lapis leaned over to put her heard on my shoulder and we watched the movie quietly.