Goodnight

Lapis POV
    We all grabbed some food and sat around the table we ended up telling everyone what our thoughts were about eachother when we met to get conversation going.
"Guess she does look like a dorito", pearl was the first to agree with me everyone quickly nodded in unison.
"Can we move on from this"
"I think it's the hair"
"Stevennnnn not you too"
    After a little more teasing we started to go on to what our first impressions of eachother were.
"I thought pearl was an annoying stick in the mud"
"Well I thought amethyst was a slob"
"How am I a slob"
"Have you not entered your room before?"
"Can't really get in there with all the trash so I mostly chill on the couch"
Pearl let's out a frustrated groan and decides to retire the subject.
    She turns her attention to me and I quickly avert her gaze.
"What did you think of us lapis? I never know what your feeling with that straight face of yours"
"That's the only thing that's straight about her"
"Amethyst!"
    I take a moment to think about my first impressions. I guess I thought they were all exhausting garnet always seemed creepy to me and amethysts energy was annoying. Pearl seemed okay at first but she's uptight and her anxiety is contagious. The only one I really liked was Steven since he basically saved me from everything.
"I thought you all were exhausting except Steven I liked him"
"So I'm the favorite?"
    I nod and Steven lights up with joy. The others seemed a little caught off guard but it seemed like they were more relived that I answered at all.
"You know when Steven brought you in I was completely terrified considering you were a potentially dangerous stranger that Steven let sleep on the couch, but I'm glad he brought you. It is honestly quite fun to have you all over despite the hiccup from earlier"
    Peridot blushed slightly and put a hand to her neck. It was nice to know they all liked me considering I didn't like them when we met but it's strange to be surrounded by nice people for a change.
"Alright let's all clean up it's starting to get cold out we should head inside"
We all grab any trash we left and put it all into a bag. Pearl and amethyst took the extra food inside I found it strange that amethyst wanted to help but then I saw her eating a tomato and it made more sense. Steven helped fold the chairs up while garnet carried them away. Occasionally Steven would pick one up but he struggled with any more.
"I'm getting a little sleepy" peridot wasn't usually tired since that was my job but we've had a long day so it made sense.
"Well it is late we will probably rest up soon"
Once everything cleaned up we all headed inside. It wasn't super cold but definitely chilly enough to miss the indoor heating. I plopped on the couch and pulled peridot on top of me.
"What's wrong?"
"It's cold I want cuddles"
She laughed and wrapped her arms around me. Cuddles are definitely my favorite thing to do but unfortunately saying it out loud is too embarrassing half the time.
Just as I was enjoying my very peaceful time I notice peridot being lifted away. I look up and see garnet carrying peridot and plopping her on the other side of the couch.
"What was that for?"
"Yeah you can't pick me up like that"
She leaned in and moved towards my ear
"Just a safety measure trust me better to keep you two apart after your last little encounter"
It seems like we aren't living that down anytime soon. Usually I'd protest and go cuddle anyway but garnet is usually pretty good at knowing when to intervene so I'll just settle for hand holding.
"Guess we can't cuddle now"
"We can wait till we sleep"
It was fairly late but we shouldn't sleep on a full stomach. Amethyst suggested we all change into sleep wear and just hang out for a while so we agreed and went to get ready. I went to grab the clothes I had left and saw my night gown that I would wear to bed. Shorts and a baggy T shirt are much more comfortable as I've learned but I don't have too many options right now. I changed into the gown and walked back out to the living area.
Peridot was already sitting there and noticed my clothes almost right away.
"You look nice, is that was you would wear to bed before?"
"Yeah she used to wear that often"
"I prefer my current sleep wear but I'll admit I missed being able to twirl around in this"
I did a quick spin and felt the fabric lift up around me. The most fun thing about flowy dresses is spinning you definitely can't do that in shorts.
We all sat around and took turns talking about random things. Peridot mostly discussed her newest projects or assignments. Amethyst had to cut off half of her stories since they reached parts im pretty sure were illegal and pearl mostly yelled at amethyst. Garnet and I didn't say much but we enjoyed listening to the others talk more than sharing.
Steven slowly started to drift in and out of sleepy which meant it was time for bed.
"Alright I'll carry him to his bed goodnight everyone" garnet carried Steven to his bed while pearl and amethyst got up. Pearl set up the sleeping bags for peri and me and amethyst went for a "last minute snack"
"Alright your all set, goodnight we will be in the other room if you need us"
"Goodnight pearl"
We laid on the ground in our soft bags and slowly scooted closer. Eventually we reached eachother and I turned to look at peridot.
"Can we cuddle now?"
"Yes lapis we can cuddle"

Very sorry for a late chapter didn't expect things to back up like this. Also forewarning this story is reaching is final plot points so just be warned it will be coming to an end soon. I'm think of writing an original after this so feel free to give any suggestions or advice it's always appreciated.