Heart Pain

This is for someone who didn't want to be mentioned. I hope you like this one ❤️💞💖💜💜💓💕💖💖💞❤️❤️🥰🥰

Delilah's POV
I cough loudly and curl up into the sofa more. I cringe in pain but try to stay calm. My dad was out again and all I wanted was him to come back. I squeeze my inhaler which was in my hand to remind me that if I needed it, it was right there. I close my eyes and try to relax my breathing and ignore the crackling in my chest. I hold my blanket close to me and start to imagine my dad was with me right now.

I woke up gasping for breath. I tried to get off of the sofa but I couldn't. I searched for my inhaler but I couldn't find it. My chest hurt so bad! It felt like someone was pulling on my heart. I heard the front door slam shut and my dad walked into the room dropping his bags on the floor "hey Delilah!" he looked at me and smiled before his smile disappeared "Delilah are you okay? Hey hey what's wrong?" I pointed to my throat indicating I couldn't breathe. He stared at me concerned before getting my inhaler and putting it near my mouth. "Delilah open your mouth" I opened my mouth and he put it in before pushing it down and it immediately opened my air ways. I gulped down as much air as I could and dad was quick to pull my duvet and blanket off. He put the back of his hand to my forehead "you're burning up babe. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to do an exam on you" I nodded trying to act calm.

As dad sets up everything I start sobbing from the amount of pain I was in. I squeeze my hands into fists and dad rubs my arm gently "darling I promise I'll be gentle and this pain will be gone soon. Sit up for me" I nod and he helps me sit up before getting a large needle. My eyes widen and I whimper whilst shaking me head. "okay this will numb the pain for you.... Although I don't know what is happening I want you to be out of pain" I nod and he smiles "squeeze my bicep if the needle is too much" I nod and grip his bicep "look into my eyes baby" I obeyed and looked into his eyes taking deep breaths. The needle hurt a little bit but not too much. "okay all done.... That should kick in, in about ten minutes" I nod and he pulls out a blood pressure cuff and wraps it around my bicep "just relax your arm for me" I do as he asks and he smiles before starting the machine up "it will give your arm a tight hug" I nod and dad rubs his thumb over my hand gently to keep me calm. "200 over 45.... Thats not normal but I think that's from your anxiety going through the roof" I nod and take a deep breath. He takes the cuff off my bicep before putting it away and pulling the stethoscope out and putting it into his ears "okay I want you to take deep breaths for me" he went to put it on my chest but I shook my head and covered my chest up whimpering softly "aw princess it won't hurt... I promise" I kept my arms over my chest and shook my head "okay then Delilah.... Here" he smiles and puts the stethoscope around my neck and puts the ear pieces in my ears "okay this is what is going to happen. Put that bit on my chest" he points to a specific spot and I slowly but surely take a hold of it and put it on his chest. He takes a deep breath and I hear his heart thumping. He smiles comfortingly at me "see it doesn't hurt" I nod slowly and take the ear pieces out of my ears before giving it back to him. He smiles at me "thanks doll" he puts it back into his ears before putting it onto my chest "deep breaths love" I take deep breaths "okay now I'm going to move it around. Continue taking deep breaths" I take more deep breaths trying not to have a coughing fit. "okay. Overall you're okay but my only concern is that your chest is crackling a lot. I think you have a chest infection which is impacting your heart but that's okay and normal. All you need is lots of medicine and....." he smiles "cuddles!" I smile and he pulls me close. "I love you Delilah"

The next morning

"Delilah sweetie" I open my eyes slowly and dad smiles at me. He helps me sit up and I groan softly not wanting to get up "you can go back to sleep in a bit love. I just want to make sure the medicine I gave you worked" I nod and he puts the stethoscope onto my chest. I take deep breaths and he smiles "great. It has worked perfectly. I'm so proud of you" he kissed my head and smiles before putting everything away again before covering me up and kissing my head "get some rest kiddo" he smiles and begins to walk out. I grab his hand and he stops and looks down at me "stay" I whisper. He smiles and without responding pulls the duvet up before getting in next to me and holding me close. I'm definitely a daddy's girl.

I hope you liked this one ❤️❤️💜💜💜❤️❤️❤️❤️😍😍😍😘😘😍😍

Q- are you a daddy's or mummy's girl/boy