Lake Day

"Izumi," I sighed, "Let Kiba go."

Said boy only pouted, wrapping his arms even tighter around Kiba's chest, "But I haven't seen him in so long!"

"It's been four days." I flatlined.

Izumi just frowned up at me, and I looked down at Kiba, who had the disgruntled, annoyed look of a wet cat. Kiba glared back, and I couldn't help but crack a smile, moving to sit down next to them.

"I missed you too, buddy." Kiba said without any enthusiasm.

"Oh, c'mon, don't be like that." Izumi huffed.

"I can't breathe." Kiba deadpanned.

"You're fine." Izumi retorted.

"Aren't you getting warm?" I asked, glancing up at the burning summer sun that glinted off of the clear water of the lake in front of us.

"Yes." Kiba scoffed.

"No." Izumi denied, happily resting his head on top of Kiba's, "I'm perfectly content."

"I thought I was the cuddly one." Kiba griped.

"I'm sorry that you're like an amazing giant teddy bear." Izumi replied.

"A teddy bear?" I repeated with a quirked brow.

"Yes," Izumi affirmed, "An adorable teddy bear."

"Let go of me, other people are coming." Kiba grumbled.

"Fine." Izumi sighed, lifting his arms up in surrender.

Kiba immediately leaped to his feet, "Jeez, I thought I was going to suffocate."

"Oh, relax." Izumi rolled his eyes.

"Shino," Kiba addressed, "You're not swimming, right?"

"Bugs." I stated blatantly.

Kiba nodded, shrugging off his jacket and tossing it into the shade. He had elected to just wear it as a cover up, now leaving him in just shorts. I turned to Izumi to find, to my humor, him gawking.

"Teddy bear, huh?" I smirked.

Izumi flushed, glaring at the ground, "If teddy bear's could have six packs." he grumbled.

"Shino!" I heard Sakura cry out, turning to see her, Sasuke, Yui, and Naruto walking up, carrying picnic baskets and pitchers.

She looked utterly adorable. The high-waisted, 'vintage style' bathing suit, as she called it, was a flattering cut that made up for her lack of curves; a pair of sunglasses perched stylishly atop her done up, curled hair. Yeah, I definitely had the cutest girlfriend.

Kiba's attention seemed to be elsewhere though, eyes scanning the black clad figure of Yui as she walked arm in arm with Sasuke, other hand delicately holding a parasol. A transparent black sash sat around her hips, further accentuating the contours made by the black one piece.

They walked up to Izumi and I under the shade, Sasuke grumbling "For fucks sake." as he regarded Kiba, "You really need a hobby besides training."

Naruto looked down at himself with an air of disappointment, "Why can't I grow muscle like that?"

Sakura patted him on the shoulder, "Your metabolism is too fast."

Izumi looked up at Sakura, smiling, "You look so cute!" he then elbowed me with a smirk, "Lucky guy."

Sakura blushed with a grin, "Thank you!" she then walked over, leaning against me dramatically, "You are lucky, aren't you?"

"Yes." I wrapped my arm around her, much to her surprise, "I am."