Attack at the Summit

Tsunade raised an eyebrow at me as I walked up to her with the Vine.

"They're cool." I affirmed as they walked past her to Karin's desk, "Trust me."

"Apparently so." she scoffed, "Not spending the night with your own village. You should realize that if you were noticed you could've caused problems."

"I'll explain in a bit." I promised as I went behind the curtain and Tsunade to her chair.

All of the Kage were then seated, and Mifune sat down at the other side of the circle, "If everyone is present, then the Summit may begin. What is the first order of business?"

"Why the hell are they here?" The Raikage instantly asked, pointing to Karin.

"As a new village it is important for us to learn what their motives are." Tsunade responded, "Seeing as we had no clue that they existed for quite a while and they formed so quickly, it would be a disservice to the other nations to not learn about them."

"Let's hear what she has to say then." the Mizukage proposed, "There is no point in getting up in arms over her presence before she has had the chance to speak."

"Thank you," Karin addressed before clearing her throat, "I will begin by stating that Tsurugakure was not formed with any help or affiliation by another village, and, simply put, we have no desires to harm any other villages."

The Tsuchikage gave a disbelieving huff at that, "May you tell us who exactly you people are then?"

"We are the unification of the slums of the area as well as the old subjects of Orochimaru." Karin answered, "That being said we do not align ourselves with Orochimaru, nor do we agree with his ideals. We are a people that just wanted to make a better life for ourselves."

"I don't think that we can take her words at face value." the Raikage concluded, "Especially since their origins are so cloudy."

The Tsuchikage nodded, "I find it hard to believe that a village such as that does not have some sort of ulterior motives."

"Why be so harsh on them?" the Mizukage argued, "Why right them off?"

"I agree that the dismissal of the new village would be a poor decision." Gaara asserted, "And labeling them untrustworthy will only give rise to more conflict."

"One as young as yourself wouldn't understand." the Tsuchikage dismissed, "These matters are much more delicate than you realize, and the youth of the 'Budokage' might also be a telltale sign that this village has no idea what it's doing."

Tsunade sighed, "So, which is it? Are they a threat or not? You can't have it both ways."

"That brings up another question." the Raikage scowled, "Why would the Leaf invite them in the first place? I can't believe that they don't have any affiliations."

"It does seem unlikely." Gaara nodded.

Deciding this was as good a time as ever, I pretended to trip, falling from the curtain and face planting near Tsunade.

"Sakura, what are you doing!?" Tsunade hissed, and I stood up with an apologetic shrug.

"Sorry, tripped!" I laughed, smiling at the Raikage who's eyes widened when he saw me. I then turned to Gaara and Karin with a small wave before hurrying back behind the curtain.

"What the hell was that?" the Tsuchikage demanded.

The Raikage turned to Karin with a suspicious look, "Are you affiliated with the Leaf in any way?"