13

A couple of days after, they had began to bring Jungkook out of his coma, and his vitals were finally showing signs of increased activity. As he always had been during his lunch break, Taehyung had gone to check in Jungkook, the sight of the younger male never failing to make his hearts swell in sadness.

Why?

He didn't know for sure. He'd never felt so attached to a patient, especially not one that hadn't even spoken a word to him, but something about Jungkook just sparked a protectiveness in the doctor, Taehyung wanting to do all in his power to save his life and ensure that he keeps on living it. It was his job after all. But with Jungkook being around his age, young and only just coming into adulthood, it always managed to introduce a different kind of sadness and guilt in his heart.

That could have been me.

Then Taehyung noticed something. Jungkook's heart rate began to increase suddenly. Not enough to cause worry or panic, but enough to suggest that his brain was experiencing a sudden wave of activity. It was almost as if Jungkook was dreaming, that he was there in the room, but not quite present. He wondered if he could hear him.
"You've got this Jungkook. I believe you can push through this. Stay with me."