14

Taehyung was sitting in the corner of Jungkook's room, making notes about his condition when he noticed Jungkook's heart rate suddenly spike on the nearby monitor. Taehyung leapt up, looking immediately down at the raven-haired patient.

A gasp sounded from the bed, Jungkook's body jolting suddenly awake, as if from a nightmare. He immediately grimaced at the immense pain that hit him so incredibly hard, the only thing stopping him from sitting bolt upright being the lack of cooperation of his muscles and the brace around his neck. The pounding of his head combined with the exhaustion of his aching muscles caused him to groan, panic completely taking him over as he found himself in an unrecognisable situation.

Everything was spiralling out of control. Through hazy vision he noticed a figure leaning over him, trying to talk to him, but he couldn't make out any of it. All he felt was pain and fear. He felt trapped; like he needed to get out of there. But where was he?

It was only now that he realised what a hindrance it was to breath, his lungs burning with every dry breath that he drew in, muscles constricting in the most painful way. It was torture.

He couldn't breathe.

He couldn't see.

He couldn't hear.

And he certainly couldn't control this sudden panic attack.