100

The dinner was spent with mostly silence and mindless chatter, occasionally chucking in a compliment here and there which ended up with them both giggling. The food was amazing, but Jungkook honestly couldn't focus on it when his whole world was sitting right in front of him.

Like seriously, without Taehyung he'd be dead. Even if he had survived otherwise, he would never be as happy as he is now. He was falling apart, but Taehyung somehow put him back together before he could become broken. He will forever love the man who saved him; the man who saved his heart.

But what Jungkook hadn't realised is that he'd saved Taehyung too. He'd pulled the older from a world of stress and loneliness, bringing him the light and love he never felt that he deserved. To be honest, he was certain that he didn't deserve Jungkook, no one did. The younger was just so pure and lovely that Taehyung just couldn't comprehend how he'd been so lucky.

"Baby, I have a gift for you." Taehyung spoke up, Jungkook looking at him with puppy eyes as the older reached into his blazer pocket.

Man, he'd never get tired of that look that Jungkook gave him.

The first thing that Taehyung pulled out of his pocket was a small notebook, and Jungkook's eyes widened as he took it in his hands, sighing.
"You kept it?" He said, Taehyung nodding with a small and slightly sad smile.
"Woah. Writing in this was so hard. It helped me to get my feelings and anxieties out in a way that didn't have the stress of talking. I'd probably hate this notebook if it hadn't been the way I confessed to you." Jungkook said, his lips twitching into a small smile, but his mouth was soon to part in shock as he saw Taehyung holding two, small, velvet boxes in his hands.

"This one is for you, this one is for me." Taehyung said with a smile, handing the black box to Jungkook and keeping the red one for himself. With tentative hands, Jungkook slowly opened the box, tears springing to his eyes when they landed on a single, silver ring. It had a wide form, with his birthstone, a sapphire, displayed proudly in the middle of it. If you looked closer, the inside of the ring was engraved, reading:

I promise~ I promise~ I promise~

Taehyung turned his own open box around so that Jungkook could see it, the ring almost identical but with a thinner, more dainty design and a light blue stone on it.
"Tae..." Jungkook tried hard to express his gratitude, but his tears beat him to it, and he pressed a hand over his mouth as Taehyung stood up and came around to him. The older put his large hands on the younger's shoulders, crouching down to be at his level.

"Sweetheart, I love you so much, and I promise that I will never leave your side, no matter what. I want to spend the rest of my life with you baby, you make me so happy. You have the strongest and most beautiful heart, and I'm the luckiest man in the whole world for it to choose me." Taehyung said with a smile, Jungkook immediately flinging his arms around Taehyung's neck as he cried.
"Aw, don't cry baby." Taehyung chuckled, pressing a kiss to Jungkook's forehead as the younger looked up at him.

"I love you... so, so much." Jungkook said between his tears, a smile staying on his face despite the tears that rolled down his cheeks. Taehyung pulled him away for a second to wipe his tears and chuckle a little, before placing a gentle hand on the back of Jungkook's neck, bringing their faces closer until their lips met. They didn't care if anyone else was watching, no one else was important right now. There wasn't a hint of greed or untruth in the kiss, simply love and warmth for that is all that they craved from each other. When they pulled back, Jungkook giggled and pressed their foreheads together.

"Thank you for saving me." Jungkook said, Taehyung smiling at how Jungkook couldn't help but giggle again when he pecked his nose, sliding Jungkook's ring onto his finger and interlacing their fingers so that their promise rings could be seen side by side.

"And thank you for being mine."