86

Jungkook was excited. After weeks of physio therapy, that weekend he finally got the all clear from Dr Jin that he could start working out again, but just on his arms for the time being. He didn't mind too much, any exercise was better than none.

Taehyung went with him to the gym that Jungkook used to work at, reuniting the younger with colleagues and clients who had since found out about his condition, yet they were all really supportive. Taehyung watched as Jungkook got taken off by a fellow trainer to do some simple and light exercises, failing to stop a small smile from overcoming his lips as he saw how truly happy the younger seemed.

After working out a bit himself, Taehyung went over to see how Jungkook was doing, his heart swelling as the younger beamed up at him, eyes sparkling with an almost childlike energy as he grinned.
"I lifted weights." Jungkook said with a genuine smile, Taehyung applauding him and giving him an encouraging smile in return. It was so admirable how Jungkook didn't get upset about the fact that he couldn't lift the weights that he used to be able to, as he was learning to take it in small steps without taking anything for granted, and he was clearly so thankful that he could even be in the gym at all. That smile honestly made Taehyung's heart melt, freeze, and then melt again.

Taehyung chuckled and kissed Jungkook's forehead.
"You're so strong, you know that?" He praised, Jungkook feeling butterflies in his stomach again at the older's supportiveness.
"Thank you. Are you proud of me?" Jungkook said with a chuckle, and Taehyung simply ruffled his hair.
"I really am."