Chapter 83: Woods

~~

Jane: I'm sorry, what did you just say?

Anna: I'm saying that Kitty said she was ra-

Jane: Shh! What? That can't be right, it can't!

Anna: It's true! She told me earlier, a-and she said it happened when she was out on that walk a few days ago.

Jane: How come she didn't tell us?? Where is she? Katherine!

Anna: No wait Jane! She's asleep, give her some time, please?

Jane: Right, I'm sorry, it's just so unbelievable, I have no idea what it feels to go through something like that..

Anna: I feel the same too, but I know she needs some space so let's give her what she needs, yeah?

Jane: Yeah, yeah okay.. should we tell the others?

Anna: It's up to Kitty, she only asked me to tell you first, although she's not sure about the reactions from others.

Jane: I guess she could take her time, she'll tell them when she's comfortable..

Meanwhile, in the other room, Kitty wasn't even sleeping at all, all she did was listen to the conversation as she sobs quietly, letting the tears stain the pillows beneath her head.

~•Timeskip•~

Anne: We're back and- ANNE CAUGHT A BIG FISH ON THE FIRST TRY

Cath: Minus the dead fishes that you've thrown back into the river before catching that fish.

Anne: Shush that never happened- anyways, where's Kitty? I'm gonna show this big guy to her!

Anne had already fled to their bedroom, almost breaking the door while doing so.

Francis: My door-

Anne: KITTY LOOK AT THIS-

Kitty: Huh?-

Anne: FISH-

Kitty: That's awesome Annie—

Anne: I KNOW, IM SO HAPPY- LOOK AT ITS FINS—

Cathy: Okay Anne calm down-

Anne: WE NEED TO COOK THIS GUY TOGETHER-

Jane: Uhm.. I don't think she's in the state of doing anything right now Anne..

Anne: She could sit and watch! I'm sure that flu would go away if she gets some fresh air-

Jane shot a look to Anna, the german girl was waving her arms as if gesturing something that Jane couldn't quite understand.

Anne then left the room, bouncing with excitement, while the rest settled down at the living area, Kitty pushed herself up and took balance on her elbows, she then felt something move in her stomach and immediately grabbed the bucket near her.

A faint knock came from the door and someone stepped in.

Francis: Hello there, Katherine.

Kitty: Hi, uh-

Francis: You can call me Francis, I don't mind.

Kitty: Uhm, can I call you Franc? I get a bit uncomfortable with the name Francis, don't ask-

Francis: That's odd, but sure, you can call me Franc then, anyway I'm here to give you this fish soup your cousin made.

Kitty: Oh no am I gonna get food poisoned?