Chapter 64: Morgue

✨unedited✨
~•~

Everything went so fast, and Anne can only remember clips of what had just happened, her vision went blurry, sweating, she felt like she could fall at any moment, Anne blinked, the next thing she sees is that she's looking up at the roof, familiar faces looking down at her and inaudible voices were circling her head, and her eyelids gave in, and now everything around Anne was black, and quiet..

Liz: MUM!! Mum! Wake up!

Kitty: Annie!!

Jane: Oh my Lord, Anne! Please wake up!

Cath quickly went down, despite everyone panicking she tried her best to keep calm, she carefully took Anne's wrist and placed two fingers on it, she then let out a sigh of relief.

Cath: Anne's alright, she just fainted.

Anna: Ooh jesus.. that's good news..

Jane: It is good news.. but, there's still bad news, very bad news.

Kitty: Ah Jane don't remind me..

Jane: It's okay Kit, you don't have to come with me..

Kitty: I don't have to, I want to, even if I don't like these kinds of things..

Jane: Are you sure?

Kit looked at her and nodded.

Kitty: Yeah, I'm sure.

Anna: Hey Look, Anne's waking up.

Everyone immediately looked down at Anne who was fluttering her eyes open and adjusting to the light.

Anne: Wh-wha?

Liz immediately dropped down and wrapped her arms around Anne, who hugged back.

Liz: You're okay..

Anne: Of course I am..

Anne then looked over to the queens and then to her cousin, Jane before pulling away from Liz.

Anne: Can we go to the hospital?

Jane just nodded and stood as the others followed her outside to the car, Liz looked back as she noticed no one was holding her hand anymore, after she turned, she saw Lori standing still, and giving her a small smile.

Lori: Go on, we can hang out some other time, right now you should go with them, alright?

Liz shot Lori a smile before catching up to the rest and into the car.

~

All ten of them walked through the entrance and Jane went over to the counter to ask questions as Anne was visibly shaking, of course everyone else were grieving but not as much as Anne.

After the wait that felt like years, everyone was guided to a room, it looked like any door would look like, except it has a hint metal on it, and a plaque with the word "Morgue" engraved on it, then they stopped and one of the nurses pushed the door open.

Nurse: Only one of you can come in..

Everyones heads turn to Anne, who quickly volunteered and walked in after the nurse gave her a pair of gloves and a mask, the nurse then closes the door, now it was only her and two bodies covered with white sheets and a tag on their toes, it was really unsettling for Anne or for anyone really, along with the eerie silence surrounding her.

Without thinking, her feet pulled her to the nearest body, it was a small one, and she immediately knew who it was and carefully pulled the piece of cloth off the body's face.