🖤23~Graveyards🧡

Tw: crying and mentions of death
Au: human
Words: 700

October 23rd 2020
8 days until Halloween 🎃

part 2 of 'Death of someone close.'
~~~

It was around 9pm when the couple arrived at the graveyard, the shorter male keeping close to his boyfriends side. Around four months had gone by since Janus' mum had passed away and he had finally brought himself to be able to visit her grave.

He didn't go alone of course, Remus was there with him, protecting him from the chilly weather. "She's over there." Janus held Remus' hand tighter and walked through the fog towards a grave. Remus nodded and squeezed his hands gently.

As they knelt in front of the grave, Janus sniffled and placed some light yellow and orange roses on it. Remus rubbed his thumb on Janus' hand as they sat in a comfortable silence.

After a few minutes, Janus opened his eyes and ran his finger across the engraved writing on the stone. "I miss you, mum..." He whispered, tears forming in his eyes. Remus raised his head and looked over at Janus, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek. Janus wiped away his tears and stood up, holding out his hand to help Remus up. He was sure that if they stayed there any longer, Janus would never want to leave.

"Where do you wanna go, honey?" Remus asked quietly as they walked through the graveyard, making sure to stick to the path to be respectful.

Janus wrapped his arms around Remus' waist as they walked, trying to steal his warmth. "Can we go get a coffee, please? I'm freezing."

Remus smiled and held Janus closer. "Of course, sweetheart." They passed the gates and walked down the street towards their favourite coffee shop. Remus noticed that Janus was still shivering and removed his coat, offering it to Janus who refused at first.

"No, it's okay, 'Mus. I don't want y-you to be cold." Janus shivered again and huffed when Remus let go of him, crossing his arms. Janus looked away for a moment before giving in. "Fine, thank you, darling." He smiled and reluctantly put Remus' coat on, instantly feeling warmer.

Remus nodded and breathed in the fresh air, holding the door open for Janus when they got to the coffee shop. Once they'd ordered their drinks, Janus getting a Pumpkin Spice Latte  and Remus of course opting for the weirdest thing he could find on the menu an Onion-Flavoured Coffee.

Janus wrinkled his nose as Remus took a sip of his coffee, shivering at the smell. "What? You don't like onions?" Remus smirked and giggled, watching Janus roll his eyes.

Janus sighed and held back a small giggle, putting his 'serious' face on. "I like onions but not in coffee, also that smells vile." He drank some of his own latte and rested a hand on Remus' thigh, catching Rem staring at his lips. "You're not having a kiss until you brush your teeth."

Remus pouted and kissed all over Janus' face, leaving out his lips. The smaller male blushed and looked away, crinkling his nose up again. Janus sighed, changing his mind. He pulled Remus closer by his collar and kissed him gently, giggling into the kiss as Remus kissed back. They pulled away and allowed each other to finish their drinks, snuggling closer on their seat.

The shop was almost empty now apart from Remus, Janus and a group of teenagers talking about frogs and clowns in the corner of the shop. Janus rested his head on Remus' shoulder, feeling much warmer now. He leaned up and pulled him onto another kiss, smiling softly against his lips.

"I love you so much." Remus mumbled against Janus' lips, running his fingers through the back of Janus' hair.

Janus shivered at his touch and pulled away slightly for air, looking up into his eyes.

"I love you too, darling."

onion flavoured coffee anyone??? 😏🧅😉☕️😌

i'm going on holiday tomorrow (it's like a two hour drive from where i live) but I will try my best to keep these updates daily. i promise I will try!

anyways, stay safe, stay hydrated and wash your haannddss!!

I love you all. 💕