Chapter 28

Say It

JAYNE'S POV

After a while, I stopped shivering. My skin was ice cold and I had stopped bleeding. I felt light-headed and I tried to walk but I kept stumbling. I didn't realize how late it was, almost 2 am. I somehow had to get back to the Slytherin dungeons without getting caught by Filch. If I did, he would take me straight to Umbridge. I don't know what else she would carve into me. I was able to get to the portrait and inside the common room. I hoped nobody was awake but of course I wasn't that lucky. The second I saw the platinum blonde hair sitting on the sofa in front of the fireplace, I knew I was screwed. I pulled my robes over my bloody shirt so you couldn't see it very well and tried to look like I wasn't crying. Then I tried to sneak past him, but no such luck. "You can't sneak past me princess" he said standing up. "I'm not in the mood Malfoy" I said my teeth now back to chattering. He walked towards me and for every step he took forward, I took one back. "We need to talk," he said plainly. All I was focused on was holding my robe closed so he wouldn't see the bloody shirt. If he did, he would freak out and lord knows what he would do. "I don't want to talk to you," I said but he backed me into a wall. "Come on princess, you aren't scared of me now are you?" he said with a smirk. He placed his hands on either side of me trapping me against the wall. I was immediately engulfed in his scent. The familiar smell of Dior Sauvage, mint and green apples felt too comfortable. "Go to hell Draco" I spat, pushing him off me. I tried to walk away but he grabbed my wrist pinning my arms above my head. He stared into my eyes until they trailed lower and I prepared for the worst. "What the fuck?" he screamed. "Draco please," I said softly, pulling my robe closed. "No, what the fuck happened he said ripping my robe open. "Why is your shirt covered in blood?" he asked. "Draco, I said drop it ok?" I pleaded. His hands went to the buttons of my top. I grabbed them to stop him but he just looked into my eyes. "Jayne" he said softly. I just stared straight ahead as tears fell down my my face while he undid the shirt buttons. My top opened and his jaw dropped. My chest was covered in dried blood and the word Slut was actually carved into my chest. "Holy shit. Jayne, who did this to you?" he asked. "It's nothing ok? Don't tell anyone" I said buttoning my shirt back up. "Are you joking? Tell me who did this to you" he said pinning against the wall. I just laughed at him to hold back my tears. "Why do you even care about Draco? You don't love me, right? I was just a toy and now you are bored of me. You don't love me, you never did" I spat as the tears poured down my face. He froze and let go of me taking a step back. "Ok, whatever" he spat. "Good" I mumbled. Fine," he said, looking down. "Fine," I said. I pulled my robe back on and he stared at me. "What?"I asked. He kept staring at me with those gorgeous stormy eyes. "Why are you staring at me?" I asked. "Fuck it" he said and crashed his lips into mine. "Finally" I said into the kiss. "I know" he said and we kissed again. I felt his hands roaming my body, then he pulled away. "What" I asked. "Princess, as much as I would love to take you right here right now, I need to heal you, Ok" he asked looking at my chest with eyes full of concern. I nodded and we went to his dorm. The second I walked in I felt right at home. My head filled with memories of sleeping in his bed to keep the nightmares away and suddenly I was full of doubt. I made myself a promise. I would let him heal me, yes. But before I let myself fall in love again, I need him to love me. To truly love and trust me. I sat on the bed and he pulled out a bag from under the bed. "Here, drink this. It will ease the pain." he said handing me a small potion. I drank it. Then he cleansed the wound and applied a potion to it. It healed the cut but there was a scar. I stood in front of his mirror looking at it running my fingers over the raised skin that spelled out Slut. He walked up behind me and turned me around. "A few more days of applying that potion and it should be gone" he said. I nodded. "I should get going," I said. "Wait what, you're leaving?" he asked. "Draco, One kiss doesn't fix everything. You humiliated me. You let your friends torment me. You destroyed our trust. You broke my heart." I said. He was crying and it broke my heart. "Jayne, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. You don't understand. There was a reason. It's just-" he started. "What? Tell me the reason. Trust me with this" I said. "I- I can't," he said. "I still love you Draco and I don't think I will ever stop loving you. But I can't do this with you until you can trust me. And I mean truly trust me." I said. "Jayne, please." he said. "Just say it. That's all it would take for me. 3 words, 8 letters, say it and I'm yours" I said as the tears fell down my face. Silence. "I know you love me Draco, but I need you to man up and say it. Until then, we are done." I said and I walked out the door. I cried myself to sleep that night.