Chapter 55

JAYNE'S POV

I was able to leave the hospital 3 days before school ended. I went back to my room and Cami and Kenz were there. "Jayne we are so sorry to hear about your dad" Cami said. "How are you?" Kenz asked. I just shrugged my shoulders. I'm too tired to deal with people right now. And how am I supposed to answer that question. My dad was murdered by the father of the love of my life. But hey, I'm doing great! I laid down on my bed and waited for the tears. They just looked at eachother with concern. "So we'll just go then" Cami said. I said nothing and they left. I laid on my bed for the next 2 days. Cami and Kenz brought food but I never ate. I heard a knock and I didn't not want to deal with more people. "Go away" I yelled. But the door opened anyway. "Hey Jayne" I sat up and turned around. It was Harry. "Oh hey" I mumbled. "I'm not going to ask how you're doing if that's what you're worried about '' he said. I smiled a bit, for the first time in days. "Can I sit?" he asked. I nodded. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Cami and Mackenzie are worried about you. You haven't eaten?" he asked. "Not hungry." I said. "Ok, well you need to eat." he said, pulling out a bagel. "I'm not-" I started. "I know. Just eat it ok?" he asked. I wasn't in the mood to argue so I ate half. "You are going to stay with me and the Weasleys over the summer ok?" he said. "It's ok. I'm going to-" I started. "No Jayne. You are staying with me. If Sirius were here you know he would want you somewhere safe." he said. "Oh and that's with you? Huh? Because to me it seems like anyone that matters to you ends up dead one way or another!" I yelled. Harry sighed. "You aren't wrong." he mumbled. My eyes watered. It's not his fault. "I'm sorry Harry. I didn't mean that. I just feel so broken. I just got my dad back and now I will never see him again." I said and a tear fell. Harry wiped my cheek and smiled. "Jayne, the ones that love us never really leave us and we can always find them here" he said pointing to my heart. I smiled and started crying. "Your dad taught me that," he said. I leaned my head on him and he let me cry on his shoulder. "We are gonna be ok." he said and I nodded.

Later that night, I decided to go up to the Astronomy tower. It was the last night before school was out. I climbed the steps and when I got onto the top, I saw him. That platinum blonde hair and the black suit. He turned to face me and his face was guilt ridden. He didn't even look at me. His eyes were glued to the floor. "Sorry, I'll go" he said quietly and started to pass me. I grabbed his arm to stop him. He froze and I stared into those beautiful blue hues. "Stay." I said. He nodded and we stood at the railing looking out. After the silence I spoke. "I'm sorry to hear about your father." I said. He looked at me and chuckled. "No you aren't." he said. "I feel bad for your mother. But truthfully... yes, I would like your father dead." I admitted. "I don't blame you. I'm sorry about Sirius'' he said his voice cracking at my fathers name. "It's not your fault you know?" I said. "It is though." he said. I looked at him confused. "My father said that if I didn't end things with you, he would handle it." he said. I stared at him. "I thought that just meant he would hurt me. But being with you is worth it. I didn't know that's what he was going to do." he said. "Oh" I said softly. "I still love you." he said. "I know. I love you too." I said. He smiled and pulled me close to him. I wanted to kiss him, to melt into his touch. But I couldn't. This couldn't go on. Not anymore.

"But we have to end this." I said. He froze and stepped back. "What?" he asked. "We have to end this. We can't be together anymore." I said my voice cracked and my eyes filled with tears. "Yes we can. Jayne, he's gone." he said. "Yes but for how long? Draco a war is coming. It's going to happen. And when it does there won't be any time for love." I said. "Jayne, please." he said. His eyes watered. "I'm sorry. Nobody wants us together. It wasn't just your father." I said. "It doesn't matter what anyone else says. I love you and that's enough to make me fight for you." he said. "I know, but we are a ticking time bomb." I said. "Don't you love me?" he asked. "I do. I love you so much it hurts." I said. "Then we should fight for eachother." he said. "Draco, you can love someone and still let them go." I said. "You really mean this?" he asked. I nodded. I kissed him one last time and held him tightly. The tears fell from his cheeks and mine. Our foreheads pressed together just like when we promised to never leave each other.  "You're ok" I whispered. "Thanks princess" he whispered back. He stepped back and walked away. "Wait, I said. He stopped. I took off the necklace he gave me and held it out. "You got this for the girl you get to be with. Give it to her when you meet her." I said. He closed my palm and gave it back to me. "I got it for the girl I love. Keep it" he said and left. I put the necklace back on and tucked it under my shirt. Then I walked back down the stairs. I went down and cried. I cried for hours and hours. I kept telling myself it's for the best. I have to remember the ones that love us never really leave us. Draco Malfoy is no exception. He was my first love. I do hope this war will pass and maybe, just maybe I'll be lucky enough for him to be my last.