Chapter 2

Nobody's 2nd Choice

JAYNE'S POV

My ear was pressed against the door as I listened to what they were saying. They talked about the order until their conversation switched to me. And I heard it all.

Harry: I didn't even know you had a daughter. You never mentioned it to me or wrote about her in your letters.

Sirius: Yes, well I barely know her. Her mum was killed by death eaters because of me so I'm all she has.

Harry: Does she know about me and how you are my Godfather?

Sirius: I think so. After everything we have been through, you are not just my godson. You are my son. You make me so proud. Finding out you were my godson was the best thing that ever happened to me. Just stay strong.

Harry: I know. Thanks Sirius.

I was frozen. Everything I just heard made me want to throw up. Letters, My mum was killed because of me, Harry is "his" son. I stood outside the door as their words echoed through my head. The tears started to flow and I couldn't breathe. Then the door opened. The second I laid eyes on him, I ran. I made it to the bottom of the stair when I felt my father, scratch that, Sirius grab me. I yanked my arm from his grip and turned to face him. "Jayne, I- You weren't supposed to hear that." he stuttered. "Ya, no shit" I yelled. "I'm so sorry-" he started but I cut him off. "You are sorry? You're sorry? I haven't seen you in forever, you never wrote me to even acknowledge that I'm alive, my mum was killed because of you and oh ya don't forget Harry. The chosen one. The real son" I spat as I cried. "Jayne I-" Harry started. "Nope, I don't want to hear anything from you Potter" I yelled and he stepped back looking at the floor. "I have worked so hard my whole life to be perfect. I wanted to make you proud." I said sobbing. By now, everyone was standing around us. "Jayne, I am so proud of you!" he said. Tears began to form in his eyes as well. "Maybe, maybe not. But Harry is the best thing to ever happen to you. The great Harry Potter, the chosen one. The real son" I yelled. "You are my daughter and I love you" he said, trying to convince me. "Really, if you had to pick between me or Harry, who would you choose?" I asked and I stared into his eyes. And I saw it. "Jayne, Don't make me choose between you and Harry" he said softly. "Why, because you'll choose him?" I asked. I prayed that he said no, that he picked me. But he hesitated. Everyone gasped.  "Jayne, you have to understand, Harry is-" he started and I felt my world shatter. I went numb. I started to walk up the stairs and I turned. "I would have never thought I would have to compete with Harry Potter for the love of my own father. Now I just really wish I knew in advance because I never would have tried." I said and I walked up the stairs. I went into my room and began to pack. I have to get out of here. Then I heard a knock.

REMUS LUPIN'S POV

I can't believe what Sirius just did. I watched Jayne walk away and Sirius locked himself in his room. Everyone just stared at each other in disbelief. "I'll talk to her," I said softly and went upstairs. I could hear her crying through the door. I knocked softly. "Jayne, I'm coming in," I said and opened the door. I looked inside and her suitcase was on the bed and she was stuffing her clothes in it. "Jayne, he didn't mean that. You know that" I said. "No Uncle Remus, how would I know that. I don't know him at all. The only thing that man gave me was my hair color and the death of my mother. He can go fuck himself!" she said and slammed her suitcase shut. "Jayne, calm down. Where are you going?" I asked about blocking the doorway. She put her things down and looked me in the eyes. "I don't know, but I'm nobody's second choice. Not anymore. I'm done being perfect for him. He wants Harry, he can have him. I'm gone" she said and picked up her stuff. She held her things and headed towards the door setting her things in front of it. "Thank you for your hospitality Mrs Weasley. It was really nice meeting all of you" she said and walked over gathering her things. Then Harry ran over grabbing her arm. "Jayne, I'm so sorry I didn't-" he started but before he could finish Jayne at him with a death stare causing him to pause. "You won, Potter." I said. "He didn't mean-" he started as he grabbed my arm to stop me. " I mean it, Chosen One. Fuck off!" she spat and punched him in the face. "Jayne!" I yelled as Harry fell to the floor with blood gushing from his nose. She slammed the door and when I opened it and looked outside, she was gone. Oh Sirius, you really messed up this time, I thought to myself.