Chapter 77

JAYNE'S POV

After I got to my dorm, I shower and got dressed. I put on some grey joggers and a slytherin crew neck. I tied my converse and grabbed my wand and headed back for the hospital wing. I was practically running so when I turned the corner and bumped into 2 bodies, I fell back completely. "Oh Sorry Jayne" I looked up and saw Ginny and Harry. Harry held out his hand to help me up. I slapped it away and stood up on my own. "Jayne, I said I'm sorry-" he started. "So what are you going to do if I don't accept your apology? Are you going to try to kill me too?" I snapped. "I wasn't trying to kill him. You know that. I didn't know what that spell did." he said. "Do I? You hate Draco. And it just so happens that the spell you use on him almost killed him." I said. "I'm sorry Jayne." he said. "Why are you even apologizing to me? You should apologize to Draco." I said. "Ok I will." he said. "No, not now. Now he is in the hospital. Sleeping. I'll let you know if he chooses to speak to you." I spat. "Jayne, Harry didn't mean-" Ginny started. "Ginny don't start. Of course you are going to take his side." I said. "Don't be mean to Ginny because you're mad at me." Harry said. I rolled my eyes. "What were you two just doing? Shagging I'll bet. Does Ron know?" I asked. They both looked at eachother. I started laughing. "You are unbelievable. You almost killed Draco and the first thing you go do is snog Ginny." I said. Harry opened his mouth but didn't say anything. "If you'll excuse me I have to get to the hospital. I'm sure you two have some more snogging to do." I said sharply. I turned on my heel and stormed away. I arrived back at the hospital and Draco was still sleeping. Madam Pomfrey was taking off his shirt to change him into a different shirt. I immediately ran over. "It's alright Madam Pomfrey, I've got it." I said. She looked puzzled but nodded. "Thank you dear." she said and walked away. I pulled the curtains closed because there were 2 other kids in the hospital and I didn't want to risk it. Then I pulled off his blood soaked shirt slowly. I slipped on the clean shirt and pulled the sleeve down to cover his dark mark. He stayed asleep. I sat one the edge of the bed and pulled his head onto my lap. I stroked his hair and watched his chest rise and fall. I did this all night until eventually my eyes closed and I fell asleep too.

"Miss Black" I opened my eyes and took in my surroundings. I was in the hospital wing with Draco still asleep on my lap. "Dear, you should get to class." she said. "When will Draco be released?" I asked. "Well, that spell was unlike anything I've ever seen. I want to be sure it didn't damage anything internally. He will probably be released in a day or so." she said. I thanked her and headed for my dorm to get changed. Cami and Kenz were there. We talked about everything while getting ready. "That's crazy!" Kenz exclaimed. "Is he going to be ok?" Cami asked. "Yeah, Madam Pomfrey is keeping an eye on him for the next few days. They nodded. I put on my button up white shirt and tucked it into my back skirt. I pulled on my thigh high socks and black shoes. I put my robes on over it and tucked my wand into my sock. Then I grabbed my bag and left. Theo was waiting in the common room and the second he saw me he pulled me into a hug. "Merlin Jayne! Are you ok?" he asked. I hugged him back. "I'm fine. I'm just worried about Draco." I said. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there. I was with Dean all night and I didn't hear about it until I was leaving this morning." he said. "I'm fine really, Draco just-" I stopped mid sentence and looked at him. We stopped walking. "You were with Dean all night?" I asked, smirking at him. "Oh um yeah, we were just-" he started. "Shagging?" I asked. His cheeks turned scarlett red. "Oh my Merlin you were!" I exclaimed. "Shhhh" he said. "Oh Theo, I'm so happy for you! Dean is such a nice guy, you deserve that." I said. He smiled. "Just don't tell anyone, I'm not sure how he feels about us yet so you know" he said. I nodded and we went in for breakfast.  We started eating and talking. Then They stopped and looked up behind me. "What?" I asked. He nodded and I turned around. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny stood behind us. "Hi Ron, Mione, Ginny," I said happily. Then I rolled my eyes. "Harry." I said sharply. He scoffed. Hermione elbowed him and gave him a look. "I got rid of it." he said. I raised an eyebrow. "The book. The book with the spell that I used on Draco. I got rid of it." he said. "A little late don't you think." I said. "Godricks sake Jayne, I apologized a hundred times. You need to get over it!" he snapped. I glared at him and my fists clenched. I stood up and grabbed his tie and dragged him out of the Great Hall. "Get over it? You almost killed him. Do you understand that? At all? You almost ended his life. As in I would never get to see him again. His mother would be alone. He would be gone. How can you act like that's no big deal?" I yelled. "He almost killed Katie Bell, how can you act like that's no big deal?" he yelled. "Guys, stop," Mione said. "You have no proof he did that. You literally have evidence. Nothing." I said. "I know he did it-" he said. "Draco has scars across his entire torso now thanks to you, do you even care?" I asked. Harry glared. "I didn't think Draco seemed to mind getting his body marked. Otherwise why else would he become a-" he started. I pushed him and he stumbled back. Then I pushed him again. Harry fell to the floor and I climbed on top of him. I pulled my wand and pointed it at him. "Shut up! Why can't you just shut up!" I screamed. Theo tried to pull me off but I pushed him away. "Jayne you don't know him-" Harry said. "No, Harry. I don't know you. In fact, I hate you. You should've died, not my dad." I yelled, tears filling my eyes. Harry went silent. Theo picked me up and pulled me off him. "You know what Jayne, I hate you too!" Harry yelled. "Harry! Take that back!" Mione gasped. "No, I'm glad he finally admitted it. He finally said what we all know is true!" I said. "Jayne, stop. You don't mean that." Theo said trying to calm me down. "She's right. Your fucking Draco Malfoy, of course I hate you." Harry said. I stepped closer. "That's not why and you know it. Admit it. Say it to them." I said. "Mate, let's just go" Ron said. "Just admit why you really hate me." I yelled. Harry glared at me and gritted his teeth. "I'm leaving." he started. He turned around but I spoke.
"The real reason you hate me is because every time you look at me, you see my dad." I said. He whipped around and was seething. "Shut up!" he yelled. "I remind you of him and you can't stand it, can you?" I asked. Everyone was silent and frozen, staring at us in shock. "He always loved me more anyway." Harry said lowly. My stomach dropped. "Harry-" Mione said unsure of what else to say. "I never want to see you again." I said. Then I left, tears filled my eyes as I walked off.