Chapter 47

JAYNE'S POV

I sat in Umbridge's office, shaking and listened to everyone around me. "He was expelled and going to be gone tomorrow anyway. Why do we care?" Harry asked. "Because Potter! He's dangerous. Now we don't know where he is or what he is doing." Draco said. "There is no need to worry, Jayne is safe here at Hogwarts." Umbridge said. Harry laughed. "Yeah, aside from you and your crazy carving quill!" he yelled. "You should just be happy you all aren't being punished further for going to another Professor when you already got word on the matter from me." she snapped. "The students came to me because they were concerned that you were too busy with other matters to see to it that this issue is handled fully. I'm certain they meant no disrespect." Professor McGonagall said. "Yes Minerva, I'm sure." Umbridge said. It was clear these two teachers hated each other but they had to be fake polite. "It's very late. All of you, back to your dorms." Umbridge said. We all got up to leave and Draco held my hand. "Oh and Mister Malfoy just so you know, your father would like to see you so please be here after dinner tomorrow." she said. He nodded and we left. I said goodbye to Harry and he went to his dorm. "Are you ok?" Draco asked as we walked down the hall. "Yes." I answered. "Are you really?" he said. "Yes, why do you keep asking?" I asked. "I'm waiting for you to be honest," he said. "What?" I said. "Jayne, you went through hell. There is no way you are fine." he said. He was right. "I know, I'm sorry. I guess it's like a reflex. Someone asks if I'm ok and I tell them I am. It's easier, you know." I said. We arrived at his dorm and went inside. "Yeah, I do. But I'm here. You need to rest now. He is gone. He is out of the castle, long gone. He can't hurt you." Draco said. He pulled out his quidditch hoodie and handed it to me. "Thank you," I said softly. I slipped the warm material on and pulled on some sweats. When I came out of the bathroom, Draco had laid some blankets on his couch and was settling in. "What are you doing?" I asked. "You take the bed, I'm fine here." he said. "You don't want to sleep with me?" I asked. My heart sank a little. I didn't blame him though. I used damaged goods. "I just thought you would be more comfortable sleeping alone." he said as he pulled the rings off his fingers. "No, I need you. Please" I said climbing into his bed. He smiled and got up. He laid down next to me and pulled me into his arms. I rested my head on his chest looking into his eyes. "I love you," I said quietly. "I love you too," he replied. Then he turned the lights out and I fell asleep. I slept peacefully for the first time in a while.

________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the filler chapter. I just wanted to give you guys a little something because it might be a few days before I publish again. There is about to be some MAJOR DRAMA and CRAZY STUFF that goes down. It's going to take a while to write. Thank you for your love and support. Don't forget to vote.