Chapter 83

JAYNE'S POV

It has been a week, trapped in the cellar of Malfoy Manor. Draco and Narcissa sneak down every night with food and water. During the day, Bellatrix comes down to torture us. You would think we would be used to the pain. But every single time is like the first. Draco and I don't talk about it when I see him. He always apologizes but I tell him not to. It's not his fault and I hate that he feels guilty for it. Every time he leaves I hug and kiss him like it's goodbye because it very well may be. Theo and I don't talk much. He's scared. I can tell. I'm scared too. Really scared.

Theo and I were sitting in the back corner of the cellar and I had Theo's head on my lap. His whole body was shaking like crazy. It's because Bellatrix was extra cruel with the torture curse today. Theo disrespected her so she tortured him for longer. I've just been holding him and stroking his hair. I sing to him too. I hope it will help him calm down. But I don't know if it works.

And I was running far away would I run off the world someday,

nobody knows, nobody knows

And I was dancing in the rain I felt alive and I can't complain

But now take me home, take me home where I belong

I was interrupted by the sound of the gate opening. Theo and I looked up and Draco and Narcissa ran in. "Get up, hurry" Draco said. We both stood. I was holding Theo up because he was so weak from the spell. Narcissa handed him a flask. "Drink this, it'll give you strength," she said. Theo drank the flask and his body stopped shaking. "You are leaving." Draco said. "What?" I exclaimed. "Right now, let's go," he said. He took my hand and we walked up the stairs quietly. Narcissa and Draco had their wands drawn. We got to the top of the stairs and I stopped. "We have to hurry," Draco whispered. "Where?" I asked. "There's an apparition point set up just outside the grounds" he said. My eyes watered, was this really goodbye? I hugged him tightly. "We don't have time." Draco whispered. "Draco-" Narcissa said, nodding. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. I tasted him one last time. My tears mixed with his. "I love you so much." I said quietly. He wiped my cheek. "I love you too princess" he said. Theo took my hand and we headed for the door. We were almost free. Until...

"Expelliarmus" "Expelliarmus" Draco and Narcissa both lost their wands. We all whipped around to face Lucius, Bellatrix, and 6 death eaters. Draco stepped in front of me. Theo gripped my hand. Narcissa stepped in front of all of us. "Lucius please, just let the children go" she pleaded. He stepped forward and stroked her cheek gently. "Oh Narcissa" he said softly. Then he raised his hand and slapped her across the face. Bellatrix cackled. I gasped. "You Bastard!" Draco roared. The death eaters stepped forward and grabbed him. Draco fought in their grip but they dragged him to the side. "Narcissa, don't make me make an example out of you" Lucius said calmly. Narcissa stood in her place not moving from in front of me and Theo. "Mrs. Malfoy, it's ok" I whispered. "I will not let you harm these children. I'm done protecting you. Draco deserves a better life." she said firmly. "Very well," he said. He drew his wand and pointed it at her. And before anybody could even breathe he spoke the most deadly of spells. "Avada Kedavra" he yelled. A green light flashed and hit Narcissa's body. Her body hit the floor with a thud.

"No!" Draco screamed. He ripped himself from their arms and fell to his knees at his mothers body. My heart wrenched. "No" I choked out. All she wanted to do was save us. She is dead because she tried to help us. She risked her life for us. She doesn't even know us. And she died for us. He was shaking her. "Mom, Mom please, wake up" he cried. Tears poured from his cheeks. "What did you do?" he cried. He laid his head on her chest and cried. "Mom, please come back, I love you" he cried. Lucius and Bellatrix laughed. Draco looked up. His eyes were darker than ever. "You killed her. All she ever did was obey you and you killed her!" he screamed lunging at his father. "Stupefy" Bellatrix spoke and he flew back hitting the wall. I ran towards him but 2 death eaters grabbed me, then the other two grabbed Theo. I was thrashing and kicking. "Let me go" I screamed. Theo and I were thrown back down into the cellar. We hit the floor with a thud and then Draco was tossed down as well. They locked the door and put spells on it. Draco stood there at the bottom of the stairs frozen. I looked at him and walked over. "Draco?" I asked. He dropped to his knees and sobbed. I pulled his head into my chest and held him tightly. I rubbed his back and his tears soaked my thin shirt. "She's gone," he cried. "He took everything from me. My life, my innocence, you. And now he's taken my mom too." he cried. "She's not gone, Draco." I whispered. He looked at me. "The ones who love us never really leave us, and we can always find them here" I said placing my hand on his heart. He just cried. I sat against the wall and held him. Theo sat next to us and I sang to both of them. That's all I could do.

I have to say it...We are never getting out of here.